News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Battle Creek, MI, Sep 19 - 20, 2020

Started by 3.Dogs, September 22, 2020, 03:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3.Dogs

Once again another great Appleseed weekend.  Saturday started out chilly with temps down in the 30's.  Many returning shooters and a few new faces.  By the first redcoat we had two rifles down with malfunctions loaners were given out and the rest of the weekend began.

I would like to thank all of our shooters for coming out this weekend.  It was a pleasure to see many of you again and to meet our first time Seeders.  Everyone worked hard this weekend at improving.  Once we got into AQT grind many of our returning Seeders requalified with some new personal or nearly new personal bests.  To our new shooters.  Keep practicing what you learned this weekend.  Meri I see a rifleman patch in your future.  You were shooting some impressive scores for a first time Appleseed shooter.  Jack congratulations on finally breaking into the 100's scores,  keep practicing and just relax.  Remember slow is smooth, smooth is fast.  I look forward to seeing all of you again.

Congratulations again to Alistair for a most impressive first time rifleman's score.  As well as the repeat scores after.  Proving you really do know what you are about.

I would like to Thank the Sportsman's Club of Battle Creek for hosting this event.  As always the range is amazing.  Some of our shooters commented on how wonderful the range is.  So quiet and relaxing that you didn't feel like you were on a shooting range.  I would also like to say Thank you for the hot lunch being served during the weekend.  Given the chilly temperature's the days started out with the hot sloppy joe's were so wonderful and warming.

Finally I would like to thank my instructors for coming out this weekend.  Beefree as always it was a pleasure.  Wrangler I can't express enough how much your help on Saturday was.  To
Mi-Copperhead, Nordo, Wrangler, Dread Pirate Bebop,  Thank you for your hard work during the weekend it was a pleasure to work with each of you.  Now turn in those PC's. 
"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder

DoorMan

Thank you to the instructors for a great weekend. I only made it on Sunday, but the weather and range were perfect. It was nice to finally break my streak and be able to qualify as a Rifleman! (4th time at an Appleseed event is the charm!)

Thanks again for a great weekend,

Lance aka DoorMan

Corvette

DoorMan,

Welcome to the family of Riflemen.  Don't worry, it took me 5 events before I qualified.  Some of us had so many bad habits when we came to Appleseed that it takes some time to work them all out. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Trigger-Happy

Thank you so much 3.dogs for having me and my father on this shoot. We had a lot of fun and we are planning on coming back next year. Also, thank you for being patient with me as I got my rifleman score. :F

Trigger-Happy
A.k.a. Alistair

Scotch

Great shoot with wonderful instructors and lots of historical story-telling! Alistair and I had a great time and both scored personal bests; of course he beat me with his very first Rifleman score! Looking forward to fun competition for years to come. What a great way to spend quality time with my boy! :snipersmi

Matt McPherson

MI-copperhead

What a great weekend with some excellent riflemen and riflemen in training. Everyone had very teachable attitudes and it didn't take long to see the groups shrinking on the squares target. Meri showed real rifleman/riflewoman persistence in working with a balky loner rifle. With smooth functioning equipment it won't be long before she posts a Rifleman score. IIT Nordo showed his "never give up" attitude that earned him his Orange hat, by getting down on the mat and working hard with Jackson to bring up his scores. All of us instructors, from Shoot Boss on down, worked to overcome a myriad of small problems that could have made for some having a disappointing time. I A O at work.
Sportsmans  Club of Battle Creek gave us another great range with great food.
God provided us some excellent weather.
Thanks to  3 Dogs, BeeFree, Dread Pirate, Wrangler and Nordo for the excellent teamwork.
I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend.
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy