News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Parma, ID, September 19/20, 2020 AAR

Started by Prescott, September 22, 2020, 03:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

We had a cooler but sunny weekend for the AS event in Parma, ID.   The cooler weather pushed out the forest fire smoke, and we got to see blue sky for the first time in weeks.   This made from perfect shooting weather, and also produced enthusiastic students.

While this was one of the smaller AS that has been held at the Parma range, the group was very engaged in both the marksmanship fundamentals and the heritage of our country.   Idaho is still under stage 4 Covid restriction, so this may have been a factor in the number of people that attended this event. 

The event generated three new rifleman.  Congratulations to Lee, Dave and Jay.  Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah.   Lee demonstrated great marksmanship skills as he was also able to earn his Designated Rifleman patch with a score of 241.

This was a great group of students, and I know there are at least three more students that will earn their rifleman patch at their next event.   Remember to do some dry fire practice at home to reinforce the techniques you learned this weekend.   A laser light similar the the unit that was on the demo rifle is a great practice aid.  These are now very inexpensive and can help with all aspects of skill development.   This can aid in trigger control (the dot does not move when the trigger is squeezed), the steady hold factors (the dot will not vibrate when the correct position is used) and assist with proficiency in NPOA shifts.

I am looking forward to seeing you all at another AS event.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Manly Man

A few pictures.  Forgive the quality, I only had my mediocre cell phone. 

Pictures

Thank you participants, I enjoyed the weekend. 

-Gary