News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

TexasT earns his 50 event pin

Started by Corvette, August 10, 2020, 09:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

PA Appleseed,

Please join me in congratulating TexasT (Tom) on earning his 50 shoot pin at our event this past weekend at Vienna, Ohio.  Tom came to his first Appleseed five years ago at Coshocton, Ohio along with his lovely wife.  He shot Rifleman at his first event, took a Blue Hat, switched it to an Orange Hat, and quickly became a great Shoot Boss. 

It was my honor to join Tom at Vienna this past weekend for the purpose of awarding his 50 Shoot pin.  I am personally blessed to have met him and his wife through Appleseed and was pleased that I had the honor of awarding his 50 shoot pin.  And, PA Appleseed is blessed to have such a great Shoot Boss as part of your team. 

Join me in congratulating Tom on his milestone. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cadence

Congrats Tom!! O0 Well deserved.

I was New Philly when you switched from a Blue hat to an Orange hat - Seems like it was just yesterday!
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Chainsaw

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Captain

Congrats TexasT! That's a huge accomplishment. Last year I downloaded of bunch of the Appleseed shoot numbers. Now those numbers are incomplete and sometimes inaccurate and only includes since 2012 . . .  but what the heck.  :) With over 2000 instructors who had done events over the years, less than 100 had done 50 or more! Which puts you in the top 5% of all time Appleseed Instructors!

Just a little fun with the numbers but still a big accomplishment no matter how you count it.

HUZZAH!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

scuzzy

Thanks T. That's a lot of work and effort. Buku appreciated.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Tennessee Beast

Congratulations!  Thank you for your dedication!
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

EZ3

Nice work Tom!  And nice working with you!   O0
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

HikerMatt

I was with him at the Kentucky event this weekend (Sept. 2020) His event experience shows. He is a gifted teacher. Much Congratulations! :F
Plans are useless but planning is everything.
                                     D. Eisenhower

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Black Knight

Tom, great effort! This really shows your dedication to the Appleseed mission.  Congratulations!!!
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

CarrollMS

Congratulations Tom,  enjoyed working with you this past weekend.
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

AF5US

:F  :F  :F Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!  :F  :F  :F
O0  O0  O0
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)