News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor KD December 5, 2020 in Pelham, TN

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, September 17, 2020, 11:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

What: Private 1 day Known Distance event for Project Appleseed instructors and invited guests. This is an old school "paper KD" following the shoot-walk-shoot format.

When: December 5, 2020  Registration at 8:00 AM CDT. We will be done by 5:00 PM or dark whichever comes first.

Where: Elk River Training Center Pelham, TN

Who: Preference will be given to instructors who have never qualified KD. I request that those who need to requalify wait until November 1 to register to give non KD patch holders a chance to get to the front of the line. We are limited to 12 firing points at this range. Anything wider than that is in the weeds.

How much: No registration fee for "hats" but there is a $20/day range fee.

This is a one-day KD (Known Distance) event for Project Appleseed instructors of all hat colors and invited friends of the program.  We will have minimal class time mostly spent on trajectory and environmental factors affecting the shot at a known distance. Please have a 25 yard zero on your primary rifle if possible. Unlike previous KD events, we will not have time to zero newly-installed scopes so please have that squared away before coming. We will shoot verification sighters at 25, 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards only on the first AQT. Shooters will have at least three opportunities, to earn a Project Appleseed Long Distance rocker by qualifying Rifleman at 100-400 yards. Time permitting, we may be able to shoot to 500+ yards at steel targets.

We will spend a lot of time going back and forth to the target line out to 400 yards only on the first AQT. The following AQT's (at least 2) will be shot straight thru. Shoot, walk, shoot. This is old school. Don't bring anything you can't carry. Bring only what you need and nothing you don't.

Things to bring:
·         Rifle, 150-200 rounds of ammunition in the appropriate caliber for your rifle. We recommend ammo from the same lot and bullet weight. Shooters bringing rifles with removable box magazines should bring at least two mags.

·         Something to carry your gear in. A backpack is recommended.

·         Eye and ear protection

·         Shooting mat unless you are comfortable shooting off the ground in prone and sitting positions.

·         Whatever you plan to eat for lunch and a snack for the Shoot Boss who will probably forget his as usual.  It will be a working lunch with history presentations under a covered firing line.

·         Clothing appropriate for the weather including rain gear. We shoot regardless of weather conditions. Since I'm the shoot boss you should go ahead and plan on rubber boots and a poncho. 😊

Contact me with questions or comments.

Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Ramblin' Wreck

I don't see a rush of folks who haven't qualified KD signing up for the event so I'm going to open it up to everyone.

Contact me with questions.
Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Sgt-at-Arms

Sounds great, gonna check with a buddy and see if we can make this event!
Kenneth Dawyne Pirtle
"Sgt-at-Arms"

"we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Palousie

Hey, Wreck, I'm going to try to make this because it has been far too long since I qualified KD, but I'm uncertain if my school schedule will allow it since that's getting dangerously close to finals. . Could you direct me to the registration in case I can make it?

Ramblin' Wreck

Here is the link to sign up to shoot. I hope to see some folks who have not qualified yet or in a long time. Cleveland will be the Shoot Boss, his first KD, and I'll be his XO.  ~~:)
https://goappleseednow.org/?event=pelham-tn-known-distance-appleseed-december-5-2020-private-event

Sgt-at-Arms

Hey Wreck, I can't remember if I've signed up to shoot this event yet, and since they've changed stuff up, I can't check anymore either, can you see if I'm on the shoot list please Sir?

Thank,

S@A
Kenneth Dawyne Pirtle
"Sgt-at-Arms"

"we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Ramblin' Wreck

You are registered.  O0
See you on the line.
Wreck

Quote from: Sgt-at-Arms on October 26, 2020, 06:39:05 AMHey Wreck, I can't remember if I've signed up to shoot this event yet, and since they've changed stuff up, I can't check anymore either, can you see if I'm on the shoot list please Sir?

Thank,

S@A

happydad

Are there still openings on the line or are you full?
"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedomsâ€"to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Ramblin' Wreck

Quote from: happydad on November 16, 2020, 09:32:34 PM
Are there still openings on the line or are you full?
Unless you want to bring more than 6 people with your there should be room.  ;D
Wreck

Aliquippa

would an IIT0 from another state be welcome to attend space permitting?

Ramblin' Wreck

Absolutely. First come, first served.
Wreck

Quote from: Aliquippa on November 17, 2020, 04:28:11 PMwould an IIT0 from another state be welcome to attend space permitting?

happydad

Ok! Going to set up a target and see if the new trigger solves the problems I had at the last KD. If so, I'll check with my shoot boss (the wife) and see if I can go. :)
"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedomsâ€"to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

Ramblin' Wreck

We're two weeks out from this event and there are still spots available on the line. We'd love to see you on the line if you have the ammo to spend (175-200 rounds) on 3 AQT's.

See you on the line.
Wreck