News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas in February

Started by wcmartin1, January 30, 2009, 07:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcmartin1

OK, Texas, there's four events in February that need your help with promoting, staffing, or at least by showing up and shooting.  :~

El Paso, TX - February 21-22, 2009 - Appleseed Shoot (El Paso Community College) - first event at this indoor range.  WestTx has been busy in El Paso and secured us a place to shoot out of the weather.

Midland, TX - February 21-22, 2009 - Appleseed Shoot - first event at this location.  This is a nice facility out in the middle of Oilfield, USA.  Heard a rumor about this one...  &) :o

Davilla, TX - February 22 - March 1, 2009 - Rifleman Boot Camp.  Once again on Scout's Dedicated Appleseed Range - come experience the comraderie of a week-long event.

Davilla, TX - February 28 - March 1, 2009 - Appleseed Shoot.  Come enjoy the enthusiasm of the newly minted Instructors.

More info for these events with links to flyers and such can be found here http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4951.0

Now listen, y'all, them Kalifornia Appleseeders have been talkin' alot of trash about how many shooters they can get to the line and how they're the big dog in this program.  Apparently they think they've got the numbers to prove it.   !@#)

Y'all gonna stand for that?  >:( From Kalifornia?  ++)  I didn't think so. 

Heck, before you know it them Kalifornians are gonna be jumpin' in on this thread tryin' to take it over, too.  <:)

Git-R-Done, Texas!  O0

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Fred

Quote from: wcmartin1 on January 30, 2009, 07:26:55 AM

Heck, before you know it them Kalifornians are gonna be jumpin' in on this thread tryin' to take it over, too.  <:)

And if they're invading this thread, how much longer will it be before they start showing up in Texas, in the flesh? Huh?

Once they find out what a great piece of land Texas is, what's to stop them from coming, pockets overflowing with California money, and buying up the state, and pushing Texans not only aside - but out of the state?

And you won't be able to get within 500 yards of one, unless you like to court danger. And not a one of them, knowing how deadly effective a Texan is with a rifle at 35-40 yards, is gonna let you get that close.

Gee, what could the answer to "the California invasion" be?

Could it be "off the sofa, and out to an Appleseed"?

Say, what turned those cowering California gun-owners from quavering Italians into stout-hearted Romans? Into an potential invading horde of unstoppable Huns?

Could it have been Appleseed?

Could it work for Texas, too?

Only one way to find out... :)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Scout

Thanks Bill, let me add my encouragement to the Texas crews to get geared up and start the push that will bring us up to full steam in promoting these events and then keeping the pressure on and making sure we have our game on for the April 19th events and beyond.

Anything you need in the way of help or supplies etc., just sing out and we will give you all the help we can.

BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

wcmartin1

OK, Texas, y'all got one week 'til the fun in February begins.  &)

Git-R-Done!  O0
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

scuzzy

Looking forward to the RBC in Davilla starting on Feb 22. Hope the 10 day weather.com forecast is correct for a change. They are calling for highs in the lower 70's with lows about 50. That would be perfect. But this is Texas, so no telling what the weather will really be like. Either way it will be a learning experience.

I'm pushing everyone around here that will listen to get off their butts and get on out sometimes soon. It's harder to get people going than I had realized. Maybe sooner or later I'll get some people out just so they can shut me up. Persistence does pay off sooner or later.

I had went to town yesterday to go grocery shopping and then realized when I got back that I hadn't printed any flyers to take with me. I should have placed a few here and there around town. Dangit, I missed out on an chance to get the word out.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

WestTx

Looking forward to a full house, SamD in training to be a SB, Atticus leading the way and Grizzled One and I providing our lowly, humble and soft-spoken comments as we labor to become INSTRUCTORS.
Thanks to all.
And now about March.......... ::)
Rifleman. That says it all.

wcmartin1

Got a new Texas Challenge for ya.

Any of y'all that ain't scared of bein' outshot by my 16-year old daughter make sure you show up in Midland, TX at this weekend's Appleseed and prove it, by God!   <:)

I know y'all can't be scared of a teenage girl.    :o

BTW - Rumor has it that Fred will be there to witness your skills and bravery.   &)**)

Git-R-Done!

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4394.0

scuzzy

Quote from: wcmartin1 on February 18, 2009, 12:11:10 AM
Any of y'all that ain't scared of bein' outshot by my 16-year old daughter make sure you show up in Midland, TX at this weekend's Appleseed and prove it, by God!   <:)

I know y'all can't be scared of a li'l ol' girl.    :o

Heck, I'd like to see you take her out to one of the Kalifornia shoots! But if they heard she was coming there might not be anyone show up since they wouldn't want to look bad. Them Texian girls can do some good shootin! My wife don't practice much but she can hold her own, I wouldn't want to piss her off if she was holding a rifle.

Myself I wouldn't feel too bad about being outshot by a young un' since I have had it happen more than once already. Had a buddy used to bring out his 12 year old son, and his kid on a good day would outshoot all of us. Heck, we was all proud of the kid. We do get em started young here. O0
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

LayloPro

Knock, knock.....
anybody t' home?? :D

Did I hear right?

Only one RifleGal out of -how- many shooters on that line? >:D *cough*  ::)

My, my, my.......I guess y'all must be having to deal with some of those darned ol' ex-Cali bunnies out there........

Yeah, you could bring that little gal out here to Cali....we have a whole bunch of Rifle Gals out here now, and more coming......she'd fit right in....
Just added another one yesterday, on her 2nd AS, and she and her boyfriend both pulled on orange hats to boot..... 8)

as well as a couple of other good shooting guys there.......

yep, just another sunny day in Cali.....'Seeding.... ;)

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

WestTx

One Riflegal here on her first try shot a 240. The Rifleman shot a 228. Out of 14 participants. Several knocking at the door and will return. The shoot here went well but I'll let Atticus and SamD tell the story.
Rifleman. That says it all.

wcmartin1

Quote from: Laylopro on February 23, 2009, 07:08:04 AM
Knock, knock.....
anybody t' home?? :D

Did I hear right?

Only one RifleGal out of -how- many shooters on that line? >:D *cough*  ::)

My, my, my.......I guess y'all must be having to deal with some of those darned ol' ex-Cali bunnies out there........

Yeah, you could bring that little gal out here to Cali....we have a whole bunch of Rifle Gals out here now, and more coming......she'd fit right in....
Just added another one yesterday, on her 2nd AS, and she and her boyfriend both pulled on orange hats to boot..... 8)

as well as a couple of other good shooting guys there.......

yep, just another sunny day in Cali.....'Seeding.... ;)

LLP

Yep.

I warned ya. 

Gotta watch out for them pesky Kalifornians talkin' trash and tryin' to take over everything.   !@#)

Texans, we're gonna hafta work harder to keep 'em under control cuz they've got a mighty good argument and they're comin' on strong.   &)

It's a team effort, y'all, and we've all gotta do something.

Have you told anyone about Appleseed today?  <:)