News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Monroe, WI AAR Sept 21/22

Started by Kimber Custom, September 18, 2019, 08:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Looking forward to working with mid-west patriots. See you on the line.

TrapperPete

you even got to see some normal September WI weather this morning as you were catching your flight.

good working with you.

CatDoc

Great to meet you, Kimber Custom !

(There's no sub forum on "Path to Pistoleerâ„¢", so here's a pic of my score. First Pistoleerâ„¢ ! )
http://imgur.com/a/vaePuSG
A handy Chart of 20th century "Gun Control" laws, and the 75 MILLION disarmed citizens subsequently murdered by their own government.

Democide: murder by a citizen's own government. In the 20th century, four to six times as many people died by their own government as death in all wars. Democide has murdered about as many people as all wars, all murder, and alcohol, and traffic accidents combined.

Kimber Custom

I can't tell you how happy I am that I grabbed my rain jacket on my way to the airport and how sorry I am I didn't take the time to pack rain pants or my proper boots. Who knew it could rain like that in WI???

7 Patriots shot on Saturday including our very green last minute recruit Lewis. Poor Lewis - I don't think he'd ever shot before Saturday and he was between 2 distinguished Riflemen who were going for that perfect 250! (Many AQT's in the 230/240 range but 249 was the high score - next time Bob). Lewis and our Father/Daughter duo all showed marked improvement. Lance is now clearly knocking at the door with a 207 despite some physical issues with his hip. A properly fit rifle and a little more dry practice will surely earn Lance his patch. Congratulations on the cleared red coat Lance!

Elizabeth is eager for her brother to come to the line so she can out shoot him :) Keep working on that turkey neck and cheek weld. Make sure you get your head in the same spot each and every time. Keys to marksmanship are to be relaxed and consistent.

Jacob, Bob, Eric, Chris, Joe and Pete all reaffirmed their Riflemen scores. Well done all. Time to start pushing yourself. Cant those AQT's, Shoot support side. Try a bolt gun. Break out the irons. Start shooting those red coats from seated, kneeling or even standing.

Still more events on the calendar for WI this year. Don't miss those opportunities to come sharpen your marksmanship skills. I hope I get the chance to come back to visit; I'll try to leave the monsoon's in WA state next time. 

CatDoc

We get 0.3" MORE rain than Seattle. 34.4" vs 34.1"
It rains, not spits or drizzles, then we get snow from Dec to Smarch.

A tornado destroyed a farm not three minutes north of the range just a few years ago. We're at the north end of "tornado alley".
A handy Chart of 20th century "Gun Control" laws, and the 75 MILLION disarmed citizens subsequently murdered by their own government.

Democide: murder by a citizen's own government. In the 20th century, four to six times as many people died by their own government as death in all wars. Democide has murdered about as many people as all wars, all murder, and alcohol, and traffic accidents combined.

TrapperPete

We get all the weather.  but mostly September is nice.

CatDoc , don't sugar coat it , we can get snow from Oct to May it just only stays put Dec to March.

we should do 2 winter seeds in 2020.  Bob , Jakob and I all thought shooting in the cold was much more comfortable.  We sort of did in 2019 with 6 inches of snow on the patriots day shoot.

Ah they are a strange Nordic Folk , they are!

how about a COF that involved shooting from snow shoes.

Bobasan

Even though it was a very wet weekend it was still a great event.  Kimber Custom thank you again for coming all the way out to our neck of the woods to run the event.  I had a great time watching Lewis progress over the weekend and in the end see him able to get three solid hits on the 400yd portion of the Redcoat.  Lance and Elizabeth were great and surely post hip replacement Lance will be getting his Rifleman.  For me It was also great fun to shoot the Redcoat standing without a sling or coat and clear all but the 400yd stage and I even got the shingle.  Great fun and I look forward to the next event.

Bob
What goes around comes around and sometimes, for good or ill, I am what is coming around.

DoorMan

I just found this AAR on the board! Elizabeth and I want to that you all for the fun time we had attending the event last September. Since then we have relocated to Michigan and my son and I attended and Appleseed in Durand, MI this past weekend. The post replacement hip is still stiff, but I can complete the transition rounds to seated. Unfortunately, I was unable to break 203 this time. I have signed up for another event in a couple weeks and will give it another go. Thank you all for being a part of this wonderful program and especially for the kindness you showed my daughter and I In Monroe!
Best Wishes,

Lance aka Doorman