News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Somers, CT AAR August 29-30 2020

Started by mwolf, September 01, 2020, 11:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwolf

Nine shooters came out to brave the scary rain forecast Saturday! Blessed with a covered shooting line and skies much less torrential than predicted, we had a range of experience levels from first time shooters with new-to-them rifles to requalifying riflemen.

Regardless of skill level, the points of instruction were absorbed well and spot corrections saw everyone improve during the day, moving swiftly from SHF and NPOA to Six Steps and onward. Fighting the rain and the wind blowing targets off their backers, we quickly approached the AQT grind and had several shooters receiving fresh rifleman patches by the end of Saturday. Wet but not dampened in spirits we left Saturday evening to clean equipment and recover from the day.

Sunday was a beautiful day and we were joined by a couple additional attendees. Parallax started with some DOM history to get his feet wet on his next PC, we revisited safety, and ramped back into the AQT grind. we left the weekend with a total of 7 riflemen (requalified and new) out of 11 shooters, and we were able to get some good IIT training in!

Thank you so much to our Host for cancelling the range fee and still providing lunch to the attendees and instructors. I appreciate it and I am sure everyone else did! This was my first time at the range and I will be happy to be back whenever they have the next event, lunch or not! I hope that the whisperings of a Winterseed come true.

This was an amazing weekend back as my first service as Shoot Boss in some time, and that wouldn't have been possible without such a great crowd. Everybody, even the newcomers, were cognizant of safety and made it very easy to cram in lots of personal instruction for those that could use it. I hope to see everyone again soon - I know some will be in Mansfield in October and I encourage those able to fill the slots there.

way_tex

Winterseed will happen.
Stay tuned.
Tex out.

way_tex

Just for the record, shooting goofy foot (skateboard ref from the 70's) completely messed me up.
But I hit Morgans shingle... 2 outta 2
Woo-hoo...lol  O0
And banging steel with the .338LM was fun...

Edge

Had a great time. Mwolf did a terrific job as shoot boos. Parallax came back this year and did a great job too. Bill_the_Cat shot on Saturday and on Sunday he broke out the Orange hat and worked.

Winterseed is going to happen. Parallax and I are working out a date. Stay tuned!!

It was my pleasure to provide lunch for everyone. I look forward to scheduling the 3rd annual Appleseed for next Summer.

Bill the Cat

Boru

Great event, well organized and safely run. Kudos to mwolf, parallax and volunteers for a job well done.
Many thanks to the event Host for providing  hot lunch's on that rainy Saturday & Sunday went a long way to lifting spirits for rainy Saturday afternoon.
I had a great time it's always good meeting old friends and making new.

Hope to see you all again soon! :F
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

cornhskr

Wish I could've made it out for this.  Fun time last year.  Will be watching for Winterseed dates.  Congrats on the patch Edgephoto!

Axel

Thanks again for a great weekend! We'll be back for the Winterseed as well!

Boru

A few pics from Sunday.
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

Parallax

Here are the pictures from the weekend!

Parallax

A few more of the weekend!

Parallax

Group photo :F

Axel

Parallax

Axel, I forgot one!

Our newest member of Applecore :F

cornhskr

Good pictures.  See some familiar faces.  Good shooting.

TOMINCT

Great event!  O0 Congrats to all who attended.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13