News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Congrats to Sleepy on 50 Shoot Pin

Started by Captain, August 17, 2020, 03:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

I hope all of you Appleseeders will join me in congratulating Sleepy on earning his 50 shoot pin. He actually hit the 50 event milestone several events ago, but as usual for Sleepy, he didn't bother attracting any attention to his own accomplishments. We made sure to correct that oversight at our Instructor's Pistol Clinic (which Sleepy set up) up in Laramie this past weekend.

Most of us who volunteer know the commitment it takes to work 50 events, we're talking about a year's worth of weekends! But on top of that, Sleepy has done those events all around the country; over the past 4 years he's volunteered at events in 12 different states and at over 27 ranges! He goes wherever there's a need. Now he's standing in as the State Coordinator in Wyoming which has the most shoots/shooters per capita of any state in the country!

It was certainly an honor to be part of the group of instructors who were there to witness Sleepy receiving his 50 shoot pin.

Big Huzzah and congratulations!

Captain

Sleepy get his 50!

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Tennessee Beast

Huzzah!  Congratulations, Rick!    :beer:
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

AF5US

:F  :F  :F Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! :F  :F  :F
You may not remember, but I had the honor of meeting Sleepy at a KD in Texas a few years back.  You're a good man, & we appreciate your hard work!
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Black Russian

Congratulations  ^:)^ and thanks for all of the time and effort you've given to Appleseed.  :F

You were an instructor at my first Appleseed in Cheyenne. Thanks for being a part of the cadre that got me started on the path.
The Black Russian Terrier
"Bred to have the size, substance and temperament to stop, hold and, if necessary, destroy an adult male human."  Col. G Medvedev, Red Star Kennels

"Lighten up, Francis"  Sgt. Hulka (Warren Oates) from the movie Stripes

StevenK

Monkey

Rick is a MACHINE.

Appreciate your continued dedication to the cause.

HUZZAH!
          HUZZAH!
                     HUZZAH!
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

BillP_556

Awesome dedication Sleepy!  Can't wait to see you get your centennial pin in the near future!
Respectfully,

BillP_556

pennys dad

malabar

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Snow Snake

Congratulations, Rick!
I'm so glad I was able to be there to see you receive your reward for all your hard work.
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

Mercedes

Pine Ridge Puma

Congratulations Rick,  and thank you for your dedication to the Appleseed program!  I know you have put in a lot of miles and time to further the cause and volunteers such as yourself are truly special.  Does anyone know how to do cloning?

See you in Cheyenne in May!

John
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,  and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

Digger13

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose