Author Topic: Congrats to Sleepy on 50 Shoot Pin  (Read 120 times)

Offline Captain

• Shoot Boss
Congrats to Sleepy on 50 Shoot Pin
« on: August 17, 2020, 03:50:51 PM »
I hope all of you Appleseeders will join me in congratulating Sleepy on earning his 50 shoot pin. He actually hit the 50 event milestone several events ago, but as usual for Sleepy, he didn’t bother attracting any attention to his own accomplishments. We made sure to correct that oversight at our Instructor’s Pistol Clinic (which Sleepy set up) up in Laramie this past weekend.

Most of us who volunteer know the commitment it takes to work 50 events, we’re talking about a year’s worth of weekends! But on top of that, Sleepy has done those events all around the country; over the past 4 years he’s volunteered at events in 12 different states and at over 27 ranges! He goes wherever there’s a need. Now he’s standing in as the State Coordinator in Wyoming which has the most shoots/shooters per capita of any state in the country!

It was certainly an honor to be part of the group of instructors who were there to witness Sleepy receiving his 50 shoot pin.

Big Huzzah and congratulations!

Captain

Sleepy get his 50!

There’s things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. – Open Range

Offline Tennessee Beast

• Pistol Instructor
  • Instructor
  • Riflemen and Pistoleers Persist!
Re: Congrats to Sleepy on 50 Shoot Pin
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 04:31:30 PM »
Huzzah!  Congratulations, Rick!    :beer:
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

“[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…”
– Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Offline AF5US

• designated Shoot Boss
  • I don't need an inspirational quote. I need coffee
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 04:47:59 PM »
:F  :F  :F Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! :F  :F  :F
You may not remember, but I had the honor of meeting Sleepy at a KD in Texas a few years back.  You're a good man, & we appreciate your hard work!
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020

Offline Black Russian

• Instructor
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 06:05:11 PM »
Congratulations  ^:)^ and thanks for all of the time and effort you've given to Appleseed.  :F

You were an instructor at my first Appleseed in Cheyenne. Thanks for being a part of the cadre that got me started on the path.
The Black Russian Terrier
"Bred to have the size, substance and temperament to stop, hold and, if necessary, destroy an adult male human."  Col. G Medvedev, Red Star Kennels

"Lighten up, Francis"  Sgt. Hulka (Warren Oates) from the movie Stripes

Online StevenK

• Charter Pistol Instructor
  • designated Shoot Boss
  • FRONT toward enemy-do not eat.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 07:27:23 PM »
Congrats!  :F
Cowards never start; the weak never finish; Winners never quit.

May we all find Peace.

Offline Monkey

• Deputy National Coordinator
  • Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Senior Staff
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 07:46:59 PM »
Rick is a MACHINE.

Appreciate your continued dedication to the cause.

HUZZAH!
          HUZZAH!
                     HUZZAH!
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible.”
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Offline BillP_556

• Pistol Instructor
  • Instructor
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 10:07:10 PM »
Awesome dedication Sleepy!  Can't wait to see you get your centennial pin in the near future!
Respectfully,

BillP_556

Offline pennys dad

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 10:48:37 PM »
Congrats to Rick
Jacob Rascon, (aka) Pennys Dad
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association
Jacob@CGSSA.Org
Psa 23:3 He Restores my soul

Offline malabar

• AOC Chairman
  • designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2020, 11:15:54 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS!

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Offline Snow Snake

• Instructor
  • when goals cannot be reached,adjust the actions
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 10:41:04 PM »
 Congratulations, Rick!
I'm so glad I was able to be there to see you receive your reward for all your hard work.
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor