Author Topic: GL region: Big event in Indiana (40 shooters) Instructors NEEDED!!  (Read 70 times)

Offline SteelThunder

• Great Lakes RC
  • All knowing, all powerful, utterly indifferent
Team

Through ITB, we've been contacted through a church/homeschool group that wants to have a private Appleseed event in Indiana.  They have 39 confirmed shooters (16 adults, 23 kids) and are busily working on getting enough rifles, ammo and finding a venue.  Currently that venue is on the Southeast side of Indianapolis.

As you know, Indiana's instructor cadre is mostly based near Evansville so we will likely be calling on Instructors from IN, MI, OH, IL to help.  Right now, we're working on a date, with the top ones being September 19th, October 10th or November 14th.  Oct 3rd is a potential as well.  These dates have the fewest conflicts with other events in the region.

This is a HUGE opportunity to reinvigorate Indiana so I'd like you to look at your calendars and block those out if possible (heck, college football looks like it is cancelled so whattaya gonna do with your weekends anyway?)

Kris
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." -- Tecumseh

Offline Corvette

• Ohio State Coordinator
  • Senior Instructor
  • Ohio SC, AOC Member
Re: GL region: Big event in Indiana (40 shooters) Instructors NEEDED!!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 10:30:35 AM »
Steel Thunder,

Let me know when you get a final date.  I will make sure that Ohio steps up to help. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!