Author Topic: April 19, 2025  (Read 2368 times)

Offline thirteen

April 19, 2025
« on: April 22, 2021, 04:55:18 PM »
New Goal: Earn Distinguished on April 19, 2025

My son and I attended a shoot a couple years ago, and neither of us got the patch, though we got close. The other day we decided that we will practice like crazy in preparation for attending a shoot on April 19, 2025. That's the 250th Anniversary! I'm making it my personal goal to get the Distinguished rocker as well. Time will tell if I use optics like usual, or go hard mode with irons.

Does anyone know of plans to do something special over that weekend? I'd love to attend a 3-day if there was such a thing!
Most likely we'll end up doing a shoot between now and then as well, I'm just extra hyped about it.

Offline T. WOLF

• Shoot Boss
  • carrying the fire
Re: April 19, 2025
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 06:09:28 PM »
Great goal!  We will definitely be doing something special that weekend.  But I hope you don't wait four years!  You should join us on the firing line this spring/summer and earn your Rifleman patches.  Then start working toward that distinguished score (230 iron sights / 240 scope).  Then set a new goal of shooting a flawless 250 on the 250th Patriot's Day celebration... now that would be something!
“Apathy, ignorance and laziness — those are the enemies that Appleseed is trying to fight,” said Glaser. “We want to make people aware of the sacrifices that were made.” The marksmanship skills taught between lectures were simply “a life skill that everyone should know.”

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780