News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pine Bluffs WY 8/8-9/20 AAR

Started by colonial shooter, August 10, 2020, 10:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonial shooter

Wow! Another great shoot in Wyoming! 5 New students showed up for a dip in the pool of marksmanship and history. (Probably wished it was a real pool) The weather both days nearly touching the triple digits. But luckily the range has a very deep covered line which shielded us from the sun for the majority of the day. Shooters ranged in age from 11 to 74, and all did well. Even though there were no riflemen made this weekend , great strides were made in that direction, and hopefully we will see these folks out again and hand out the coveted rifleman patch. Thanks to M1bzrk and sleepy for coming out and doing most of the hard work!  Great to work with you again. I know there were pictures taken , so please post what you have! Also, leaving comments is always encouraged
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

sleepy

Really nice shoot!

The whole line was new to Appleseed, with people from many parts of the state. The diversity of the line was a nice change our norm, giving us a chance to feel as though we were more on line with the mission. There was even a fellow crayon-eater from Laramie; confirmation that reaching out works.

Morale stayed high despite some rather harsh (harsh for us wimps lucky enough to live at a higher altitude) heat. What a blessing it was to have shelter from the sun.

The Pine Bluffs range was a wonderful host as always, with members dropping in at all times to ensure our shooters had a good and safe time.

As always, there was the chance to visit with fellow cadre; a real bright spot for me where social interactions are scarce.

Captain

Sounds like a great shoot! It always amazes me that you guys have such success even in places with such a low population. I keep thinking many Appleseed states have 10, 20 or even 50 times the population (California 80 times!). I mean to have a comparable shoot, you'd have to have hundreds of people show up! Just goes to show what a motivated crew can accomplish. And I think it also speaks to the level of Liberty cherished by those up in Wyoming!

Anyway, congratulations on another fantastic shoot! Wish I could of been there.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range