News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bald Knob, AR, August 1-2, 2020

Started by sticksnstones, August 02, 2020, 11:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticksnstones

I always consider a successful event, when we have a decent amount of shooters and they listen to and use the instruction that we share.  This weekend I consider a greatly successful event. We had 9 men, women and young folks that shot both days. They all were sponges for the instruction that we shared and then they put that instruction to good use. Attitudes were great.
Results? Of the 9, 3 had never been to an Appleseed event and 2 of those had no rifle experience. Of the 9, 7 shot expert scores. Of the 2 that didn't only one of those was a newbie to shooting.
I'm proud of all of these folks, including the 2 that didn't make Rifleman scores. I'm especially proud of 3 in particular. Jenny, our youngest lady, who has come close before and finally reached the score. Sarah, not only rocked it all weekend but her drive and attitude was a great example to all, including her husband. Now David, although by no means new to shooting, yet new to Appleseed not only shot Rifleman scores but also shot Distinguished Rifleman. We put an Orange Hat on his head with hopes that he will light a fire under the program in Oklahoma.
Thanks to all, you are the reason that I volunteer for the great program
And of course the weekend was deep in Liberty.
~Sticks
PS Quinncannon shot another distinguished score and kept the others attention and keeps the bar high. Jayhawker barely missed a Distinguished patch today but did show his skills by running a bolt gun
We honored VEatS Shooting Center by giving them an Appleseed Flag. They have supported our program for as long as I've been a part and both owners are solid Riflemen and have served our country well overseas

"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Jenny has worked hard for her first patch
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Our youngest shooter Clay, shot in the high 180's at his first event. I'm sure he will return
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Jonathan. Second event second patch. An orange hat would fit well on both he and his wife Sarah
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Soaking up the Liberty
Thomas Paine

Quinncannon

Another excellent event at the VETS Shooting Center! The instruction was excellent, great enthusiasm from the students and many awesome scores were shot!

Thanks to Sticks, Bright1 and Jayhawker for running an excellent event!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

DCagle

This was an awesome event. I've been meaning to get out to an Appleseed for a long time, and I was not disappointed. As a (rookie) police officer who mainly carries and trains with an M4 style rifle, I was looking to expand my knowledge of rifle shooting techniques and instruction. Getting quality training on the GI sling and traditional rifle marksmanship was awesome.

Due to the quality of the instructors we had (HUGE thanks to Sticks, Bright1 and Jayhawker) I ended up qualifying rifleman on my first AQT using iron sights. After settling into the time constraints and the pressure (with a little help from some water from under the north bridge...) I was able to bump that to a 230 distinguished rifleman score on my 2nd run. Having proven to myself that I could do that with irons, Sticks was kind enough to let me use one of his 10/22s with an optic. Glass certainly helps, and I topped out the weekend with a 227 on the full speed AQT, and a 237, 241, and another 241 on regular AQTs.

I can't wait to attend more events and grow in knowledge of the program. It was an honor to spend time with good Americans.  :beer:
- Distinguished Rifleman (241) - Bald Knob, AR 8/1/2020
- Pistoleerâ„¢ (234) - Waco, TX 8/16/2020
- NRA certified Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor and Chief RSO
- Combat Shooting and Tactics (CSAT) certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
- Rangemaster certified Defensive Handgun/Defensive Shotgun Instructor

Rustygun

Looks like a great event with some serious shooting! Congrats to the new Riflemen and Riflewomen

bright1

It was indeed a great weekend! Near perfect weather and a great group of shooters! David, it was a blast watching you shoot. Thanks for taking that orange hat. You'll be a fine instructor and an asset to the program. Jonathan and Sarah, great to have you both on the line! Fine shooting from both of you! Jenny, very glad you finally earned that Rifleman patch. I know your dad is proud of you! Daniel, always fun to have you on the line. Thanks for bringing Clay along! Clay hope you'll come to another event. You've got the skills to shoot a Rifleman score. Bill, very glad to see you get your patch!  You and Quincannon are definitely family. And Quincannon, it is always an honor to share the line with you. Your skills with a rifle are awesome!  Again, this was a fantastic weekend! Thanks to all of you for making it so!

Jayhawker

Some of those pictures look like it was cloudy and 65 degrees.

It was hot and sunny both days.

Still , verybody did well and all had great attitudes.

I'm looking forward to October.