News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Charlottesville, VA July 11-12, 2020 Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club AAR

Started by BrotherPilot, July 13, 2020, 08:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherPilot

Nine intrepid students braved the sauna that is Charlottesville in July. Two new riflemen were minted, Oreos were shattered, red coats were perforated, and learning occurred!

We had a great weekend!  The weather was about as nice as you could ask save for being hot and humid. Wal-mart to the rescue with $40 canopies that we set up over the firing line for shade. 

Lots of first time or very new shooters on the line.  They listened well, soaked up the instruction and improved greatly over the course of the weekend!  A great crew of instructors showed up to teach...HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!  to Messer, OddsREven, The Wolfhound, BillP_556, Badfishy, and DeadAnt! 

Natural point of Oreo taught its lessons, and one shooter commented to me that drill made the biggest impression on him of any that we did that weekend.  I was thrilled to hand out 5 packs of Oreos to 8 shooters. 

Messer, the Rivanna club president and a blue hat here showed up to help work the shoot, and it was a true delight to have him there.   Really looking forward to the next shoot at Rivanna!
Jay
VA State Coordinator
540-855-4651
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."•Samuel Adams

The Wolfhound

More pics off my phone

The Wolfhound