Author Topic: Anyone seeing possible schedule changes  (Read 772 times)

Offline Ramblin' Wreck

• Pistol Instructor

• The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
Anyone seeing possible schedule changes
« on: July 24, 2020, 08:34:26 AM »
Hey folks, is anyone seeing any possible change to the schedule for the rest of the year? We have one range in Georgia where the range owner is considering closing due to an uptick in CV cases among range members. I encourage shoot bosses to touch base with range owners just to say hey and take their temperature (figuratively speaking) on how they view the progress of getting back to normal. If there is going to be a problem with hosting an event the sooner we know the better.
Be of good courage in these trying times.
Wreck
“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal 2/22/19 at 600 yards AR15 Service Rifle 50/50 - irons
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
47 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 11/11/21

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

Online scuzzy

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Charter Pistol Instructor

• Senior Staff: IT
Re: Anyone seeing possible schedule changes
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 04:28:58 PM »
I'm making changes all the time nowadays. Usually changing the capacity lower.

And yes - please be proactive. It's a real PITA to cancel an event. Even worse when the capacity is halved and there are more shooters already registered than the new lower limit. And none of the preregs wants to transfer. And really bad if some of the shooters have already been transferred multiple times due to prior cancellations. I've actually had some poor souls that have been transferred 4 times now due to cancellations. They've all been good sports about it though since they know it's out of  our hands.

My take is when Fall comes around, especially near the election, then all hell is going to break loose and lockdowns will intensify.
I just wanted to be left alone.