News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hat Creek, CA AAR June 27-28, 2020

Started by NorCal22Gal, July 05, 2020, 07:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

7 Americans came out to the Hat Creek Rifle and Pistol Club range June 27-28, the weekend before Independence Day.

While the weather on Saturday was warm and windy, students worked through it all and worked hard.  We had some returning students who brought new students with them!  It was great to see all of you.

I enjoy watching new students absorb all the information and start putting it to good use.  Especially folks brand new to shooting sports. 

We did have some folks not on paper (squares) so we put up larger paper and worked to see where they were.  Getting shots on paper helps when you are trying very hard to learn stuff.

Saturday ended with one AQT and the Red Coat. 

(And an Instructor BBQ...yummm steaks)

Sunday was much cooler, but still windy. 

We got right to work with review and then in to the AQT's.   

After lunch we did the Volley, very well done all of you.  I got goosebumps.

We had one student get very close to Rifleman.  Everyone showed lots of improvement. 

I'm sure there will be a few changes to equipment before the next event.  There's nothing like an Appleseed to find the bugs in equipment. 

Thank you all again for coming out and I hope to see you in the fall.

Thank you also for helping us tear down and clean up, it's much appreciated.

Thank you to my instructors, I can't do this without your help.  You are truly awesome!!

As mentioned:

Paul Revere's Ride  David Hackett-Fischer
Washington's Crossing David Hackett-Fischer
Tara Ross (facebook)  She does some wonderful history stories.

Instructors:

Laurie    NorCal22Gal  Shoot Boss
Joe         eaglescouter
April      April6Showers
Steve     TallSteve

TallSteve

It was really good to get back to AS!

We really enjoyed the enthusiasm of the students.
And it was great to see their improvement.

The instructor BBQ and camping at this beautiful range was fantastic.

The scope that I mentioned is this one.  And I see that a few vendors have it on sale right now.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-diamondback-2-7x35-rimfire-riflescope-v-plex-reticle.html

Can't wait to see everyone again soon!

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003