News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tallahassee, Florida AAR - June 26, 2020 Isaac Davis Range

Started by Engineer shooting, July 02, 2020, 12:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

112 heat index measured in the shade, yet no one dropped out. Six shooters improved all day long, great Instructors worked hard in trying times.   :F
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

malabar

No kidding, it's been hot down here. We did new member orientation in the outdoor pavilion, and the temp was a chilly 104 -- not the index, the actual temperature.

Appleseeders endure...

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

JustKim

This was a great shoot!  We ended up with six shooters all of whom showed marked improvement.  John will hopefully return to earn his patch - he is getting close.  It was nice to meet Will and Zach two future riflemen, I am sure.  Jameal left a bit early, but had definitely shown some progress.  It was great seeing Marlene and Alaina also - I am hoping to also see both of them back in the near future.  It was hot, but with the shade and the fans blowing, it was tolerable.  This is a great range, and thanks to Ken and Lori for always being such great hosts.  I look forward to seeing everyone at the range again soon!  JustKim
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

sleepy

Believe we'll have to rethink the meaning of "sunshine patriot"; you guys held up a lot better than I ever could in that heat.