News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piqua, OH AAR June 27-28, 2020

Started by Shep, July 01, 2020, 03:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shep

Eighteen shooters filled the Piqua line on Saturday morning. All went according to plan until it didn't! Heavy rains moved in a little after 10:00 AM, forcing us to case rifles and move to shelter. We tried to tell some history, but about half way through the first strike the rain became so heavy on the tin roof we couldn't hear!  Radar showed it to be a large system so we decided to yield to the forces of nature and postponed the shoot until nearly 3:00 in the afternoon.  Then instruction resumed and we covered quite a bit of information, quitting at around 6:00.  Unfortunately, we didn't get to shoot an AQT.

The Sunday morning schedule got bumped up with a little earlier start, and we completed the three strikes before uncasing rifles. All eighteen shooters returned for Sunday's festivities. While forced to skip some of the fun stuff (like the 100 yard shoot), it still was a very successful weekend with about six AQT's shot. The June sun and heat was intense, but shooters took it like true riflemen and adapted to the conditions.

We had one new Rifleman, congratulations to Ken E. scoring a 223. We also had a rifleman reconfirming with a 245, which earned Dan S., the Distinguished Rifleman rocker.  Also on the line reconfirming was Zach R., with 225 and 210, Jim S., with 223 and 234, Naga, with 224, 223 and 222, and Manik, shooting a 220, 214 and 217; congratulations to all!

Thanks go to the awesome instructor's crew of Coyote 217, Doc Willi, purple_patch, Haley Beth, Shadow 870, ChiefLane and WildBillCody.

Also, thanks go to Naga and Manik for joining Project Appleseed as Instructors In Training. We're thrilled to have you both on the team!
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

WildBillCody

This was a good weekend. Even the rain break on Saturday gave some of the instructors and attendees the opportunity to talk.

We started with the first strike on Saturday morning,

then we were rained out until Saturday afternoon.

Sunday morning, Doc Willi brought out the new Appleseed History Map https://store.rwvaappleseed.com/product123.html,

then we went out to the line.

As Shep said, everyone adapted, had good attitudes, and we had a great time.

A disarmed populace is the best defense against liberty.

Shep

Piqua Photos
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Shep

Piqua Photos

Shep

Piqua Photos

Shep

Piqua Photos

Shep

Piqua Photos

Shep

Piqua Photos

Doc Willi

Welcome to the team Manik and Naga!
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Cadence

Despite the weather it looks like it was a very successful event.  O0

Congrats to all!
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Manik

Out of 3 Appleseeds, we've never had the best weather (personally, I blame Naga) and this was by far the most extreme we've had yet.  It was still a great event and I'm very impressed at how so many people came back on Sunday.  I think it was everyone.

I tried out the new M1 Garand and boy was that a whole other animal compared to a 10/22.  I have some notes for others who are looking to do another course or looking for their first:

1.  Bring sunblock, even if it calls for rain.
2.  If you're losing your hair, bring a hat.
3.  Bring more water than you think you need.
4.  Bring sunblock, even if it calls for rain.

I'm looking forward to being an Orange Hat and I will do all I can to help instruct others.  Thank you Shep, Doc and the rest of the Piqua instructors for another great course!

Corvette

wow, looks like a super Appleseed.  Great job Piqua.  Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!