News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer MI AAR June 27-28, 2020

Started by Super Trooper, June 29, 2020, 07:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Trooper

What a fantastic weekend with the Lapeer Young Marines, and Joy joining us Saturday.  A huge thanks to the Young Marines for feeding the instructors all weekend  :bow:.

I also want to thank Kolton Hurley, a young man who graduated a few weeks ago and is going off to boot camp next month.   :F  Also congratulations on shooting rifleman again.  Hopefully your marksmanship skills impress the drill sergeants and rifle instructors.

The thunderstorms didn't interfere with the range time portion of the weekend, but a few campers woke up to water flowing though their tents Saturday.  That didn't dampen spirits, though.  It's always a pleasure to work with Young Marines, you really are a cut above the rest.

The fun shoot was really a NPOA exercise with prizes and the results were outstanding.  Brandon showed everyone how it was done and smoked the target.  :snipersmi

Lastly I want to thank the instructors that give so freely of their time and make my job easy.  Without you this weekend would not have been possible.

I know many pictures were taken this weekend, please share.
:pics:
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

Corvette

Sounds like a great event.  Huzzah!!!

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

ThreadNLead "TL"

I agree with Shootboss! Fantastic event! Joy had a ton of fun and improved her shooting too! And the Young Marines were a pleasure to work with! I'll come to a Lapeer YM event anytime!
Congrats and thank you to Hurley for the rifleman, and joining the Armed Forces! God Bless you and keep you in your adventures!!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

ThreadNLead "TL"

:pics:
Here is a link to pictures. I tried 4x to get them to upload somewhere so I can post them here but it WOULD NOT WORK!!!  !@#) &) So I gave up... $$-0

HERE IS THE LINK FOR PICTURES......
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8zy21lbhdcmgtzk/AAAghkOgdiBWAGiVNlX-IWyba?dl=0
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23