News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sturgis, MI AAR June 26-27, 2020

Started by ITB, June 29, 2020, 10:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Wow, this event had it all - good shooters, great attitudes, wonderful youngsters, lots of deer  :wb:, some Riflemen, a full out-of-battery discharge (fortunately no one injured), crazy thunderstorms (overnight), some long-distance steel shooting and a talented instructor cadre.

Lots of first time shooters, but there was improvement shown by all.  On the last AQT of the weekend, we had 12 of 15 shooters hit the Morgan's shingle.  That's 80%!

Thanks to our host, Newell, for all of the support and use of the trailer.

Congratulations to our new Riflemen - Mark, Mairead, Collin
And to our repeat Riflemen- Bob and Aidan.
Several Riflemen added the distinguished patch to their collection - Mark and Bob

Congratulations to Brian and Carter for winning the Morgan's Revenge fun shoot.

And congratulations to Ella, Lee, Collin and Bob for winning the Dueling Tree bracket tournament!

Please post up comments and pictures.

Lastly, thanks to the instructors for making my job so easy.  You guys are the best!

On with some pictures....

Friday morning, ready to go..

Shooters arriving

BeeFree teaching the Six Steps

Rangerat teaching NPOA, BeeFree modeling

Rangerat teaching seated, BeeFree modeling

Out of battery - no injuries:

Stark doing Saturday re-cap, BeeFree modeling:

BeeFree doing Saturday NPOA re-cap

number6 doing IMC on Saturday

Brian and Carter showing excellent form

Shooting in prone

Aidan re-qualifying

Bob scoring Distinguished, couldn't quite reach 250.... &)

Mark with the Distinguished patch, impressive for a first-timer:

Our William Diamond marksmen recipients:

Collin showing off his new patch:

Who hit the Morgan's shingle?

One of several uninvited observers.... :(

Your instructor crew, L to R: BeeFree, Stark, ITB, number6, Sirius Gray, Rangerat67
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Stark

Huzzah! Shooters, it was great getting to work with y'all, and you made some seriously amazing progress over the weekend :snipersmi Hope to see y'all again at another shoot!

:pics:

Google album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zpv7Q1NkkU1agZkU9
Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.
- Gen. John Stark

RMarkus

That was my first Appleseed and had a great time. I liked how things were taught and the history. No matter your level of shooting ability, there was something for everyone to learn. It was just an all around great event.

I will be back. Working on possibly going to the KD event in Dorr.
Intranational man of mediocrity.

Corvette

Wow,

Looks like you had a great event and a great time.  Wish I could have been there.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!