News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX AAR June 20-21, 2020

Started by Steck, June 21, 2020, 10:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steck

Another great Waco shoot in the books!  20 shooters each day with great attitudes all around (despite the heat) ... thrilled to some great storytelling, improved our skills, saw some things we'd never seen in person before, and reaped some new Riflemen and IITs!

Students & instructors, chime on in!

DanT

Interesting, educational, enjoyable - very much an event I am pleased to have been able to attend.  I am looking forward to s'more events like this in the future!

scuzzy

Thanks Steck. Sounds like another well run event.

I missed seeing you all. I was just down the road at the run n' gun with Richard and tons of other instructors. Prob be back in Waco in July.

And boy was it humid this weekend!!
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

BillJac

What an awesome shoot.  Zero drama.  Great students.  And a lot of progress made for students.
You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

Mercedes

Welcome to the forum, DanT!!!! It was so great to meet you and watch your shooting improve over the weekend.   Did you receive your Rifleman patch after I left?  You were scoring an AQT when I came back to grab Bill to unlock the gate!  :))  Hope to see you again soon.  And, I hope that once you achieve Rifleman (and attend a second event) that you'll consider joining our Instructor cadre! 

It was so much fun to come back to Waco for another event and what line of shooters - 11 first-timers, if my memory serves me correctly  O0 - and so many familiar faces as well - Kevin, Seth, Jacob, and Opa to name a few!   ;)

:bow: I'd like to extend a gracious WELCOME to our new IITs and I look forward to working with you soon (I hope)! :bow:

And, we can't leave out the Instructors -  :) Steck was AMAZING as always;  :bow: WhitePaladin's First Strike was spellbinding and left us all with an amazing image of Captain Parker looking over Lexington Green and the destruction left by the Redcoats; and  :cool2: BillJac, I learn something new every time we work together!

Shooters - take advantage of the Rifleman manual that you received and practice, practice, practice.  An ax handle is a great tool to practice NPOA, transitions, and SHFs.  Add posts and swivels to the handle and you'll soon master the USGI sling as well!!!   Be sure to bring a friend with you to the next Appleseed event - that's how we plant the seeds that grow our Mission and program.   Keep throwing lead down range!!!

Debbie (aka Mercedes)

Boe-Bi-Wan

A huge Texas sized thank you to the instructors and facilitators at this shoot  :F.  And a big congratulations to my fellow shooters  :~ hope you all had a great time  O0.  It was our first Appleseed and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  Any possibility that I could get a copy of my patch pic?  Who should I contact?  Many thanks  ;).

BillJac

I think Steck will be posting pics shortly.
You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.