News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome Michigan's Newest Orange Hat!

Started by T. WOLF, June 02, 2020, 11:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

Welcome to the cadre, Pocket Watch!

Pocket Watch is a familiar face to many instructors as a long-time regular at Project Appleseeds in southeast MI.  Always quick to lend us a hand or offer a constructive suggestion (like shooting morgan's shingle with a cold bore on Sunday AM!), he's been a welcome addition to our events.  This past Sunday in Fenton he finally made it official.  Thank you for stepping up, Pocket Watch!  I hope you find the Instructor journey as rewarding as I have.

:F
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

MI-copperhead

Welcome Pocket Watch! HUZZAH HUZZAH HUZZAH!
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Super Trooper

Thanks for joining the cadre Pocket Watch.  Now the real fun begins.
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

D.O.M.

Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Texas T

Welcome aboard, and thanks for stepping forward.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

BeeFree

Huzzah!  And how many other rifles are on your list to score Rifleman on, PocketWatch?   :snipersmi :~ :---
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Pocket Watch

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! I look forward to working along side all of you soon.

Corvette

Welcome to the Appleseed team.  Thank you for stepping up.  Hope to see you some time on the line. 

Corvette (Ohio SC)
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Click

Congratulations and thanks for stepping up.. look forward to working with you

ThreadNLead "TL"

Woohoo! I remember the first time we met at an event! I loved seeing your familiar face around events. (I was one too before accepting the Orange Hat). It also great to have someone from my neck of the woods! Congrats and thanks for stepping up! Looking forward to working with you on the line and hanging out with you too ;)
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

Black Knight

Con gratulations, Pocket Watch!!  You just needed the right time  and place.  We are super glad you found it!  Welcome to the cadre!!
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

Corvette

Welcome to the team.  Thank you for stepping up, you are among great Patriots.  Huzzah!

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!