News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Posting New Shoot Dates

Started by sleepy, June 07, 2020, 09:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepy

Since I've started playing acting state coordinator, I've got a renewed appreciation for initiative; weight off of my shoulders! That being said, I still have to...um...coordinate.

That means I have to make sure dates don't cause conflicts, etc.

Shoot bosses, please run any proposed dates by me BEFORE posting them (or even taking the time of others to get them approved).

We're a volunteer organization, and staffing shoots is feast or famine. Time is a precious thing, and we need to ensure that our volunteers get the most bang for their time & money by scheduling shoots so we can get adequate staff and numbers of adequate shooters. When we have multiple shoots on a weekend, we're competing for shooters and cadre, often with poor results for both shoots. Same thing when a under-populated part of the state schedules shoot-dates too close to each other.

Same thing with shoots at new ranges! While I'd love to have shoots at every range in the state monthly (part of Fred's vision), we don't even have the money or manpower available to do it annually. And in the end shooters get shorted (cancelled shoots or understaffed shoots), cadre gets burned out, and America looses. We have to be able to adequately cover our current shoot load, and build cadres to service new ranges/areas, and not overextend.

Please keep me in the loop on things so we can cover our promises! If you can't get me within 24 hours via PM (it happens), call me at 505 264 8892. Or just skip the PM and call; I pick up when I can and get back to you if I can't. Leave a message and a number.

Thanks for the initiative. Thanks for stepping up. Thanks for bailing. America needs more good people like you.