News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Pistol Clinic Train the Trainer Event Nov 7&8,2020

Started by Corvette, May 21, 2020, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

This is for Appleseed Instructors,

We have rescheduled the Appleseed Pistol Clinic Train the Trainer event at Meeker Sportsman Center near Marion, Ohio for November 7&8, 2020. This event is for Appleseed Instructors and SB's only.  If you have interest in attending, PM me on the forum and I will send you the link to sign up to attend. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

LogCabinShooter

Does anyone happen to know if these are going to be .22 only, also at what distance? There's been a lot of buzz on the internet about them, and so far its all been very positive.

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

StevenK

The train the trainers event is to prepare the RH and SB to be Pistol instructors; part of that is qualification during an event where they are deeply involved with intellectual and hands on course material, and then we shoot too. All this takes focus! The COF isn't easy nor impossible; it gives the lesser shooters hope and humbles the best of them.   I, and probably others, recommend a .22lr for the event, preferably a good target Pistol. Don't have one? Borrow it if you can. Get familiar with it, and make sure it runs well on what you are feeding it. Qualify first, please, then work your way up to the 50 caliber desert eagle.  In all things Appleseed we shoot what we have, but start with the .22lr. You will be extremely busy at these course and might save some mental energy this way. Remember-shooting is 90 per cent mental and the rest is in your head.

Shep

I'd recommend downloading and printing the targets and the course of fire, then practice as much as possible long before the event. This will also help you sort out and fix equipment and ammo issues while there's still plenty of time. I've had tons of misfires (dud rounds) with all .22 ammo I've tried except for CCI mini mags. I practiced with the cheep stuff but shot the course with CCI; not a singe issue over the two days! Also, check into speed loaders for your magazines, (I bought a McFadden Machine Ultimate Cliploader UCL22 for my Ruger Mark IV Pistol) things move really quickly and and this helped a bunch. 

I found left hand shooting to be difficult at the event; even though I had practiced quite a bit at home.

Shep 
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

LogCabinShooter

Tennessee Beast

Quote from: LogCabinShooter on May 25, 2020, 11:13:15 AM
Where can one find the targets to download? TIA
you probably won't.   Use paper plates with 3 inch circles on them.  or standard bullseye targets.  Aim small, miss small.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe