News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor KD in June/July

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, April 23, 2020, 09:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

Hey y'all,
We re living in strange times. Most of our events cancelled into or thru May and now CMP and NRA high power events, including Camp Perry in July/August, have been cancelled.  I'm testing the water to see if there is any enthusiasm for an instructor-only/invitation-only event in June, or whenever the CMP range at Talladega opens up. We have a great relationship with them and I'm pretty sure they'd be glad to have some shooters for a change. The idea is that it would be two days, three if you want to come early or stay late, with minimal instruction, some great opportunities to shoot on the world's greatest range and some great camaraderie.

The COF would be standard KD opportunity to re-qual and maybe even a chance to try your .22 come-ups at longer distances or shoot pistol.  It's a blank slate. Let me know.
There is a really great campsite nearby where we have stayed before for those interested.

At this point it's just an idea. If there is enough interest we can pick a convenient date and get it on the schedule.

I'm posting this in the southern region and I know Talladega might be a long drive for most of you. If you're planning a similar event sometime in the coming months in your state please share it with us and maybe we'll drive the other way. I think spending time with like-minded folks is very important now especially if we can burn some powder in the process.

Proclaim Liberty throughout the land and to all the inhabitants thereof. - Leviticus 25:10 - KJV

Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Roswell

Asked and answered!  ;D

Fellowship weekend (regroup, recharge, reload), 13-14 June, Talladega AL
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=58305.0

Roswell
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Leadslinger66

John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence