News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How are you celebrating Patriot's Day?

Started by Google, April 18, 2020, 10:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrapperPete

My son JWashington and I took a little time out in the Morning of 4/19 to go shoot a bit.

all 22lr , I had borrowed the scope off my one of my Appleseed 10/22s  to equip a New Deer rifle last fall , I have had the new Optic since January but hadn't gotten time to sight in yet.

with my mat , sling and target at 25m I am all sighted in now.

a beautiful morning for it also.

ThreadNLead "TL"

Quote from: Roswell on April 20, 2020, 12:29:59 PM

That night, April 18th, I read her the story of Patriots' Day. Yes, it was abbreviated. And yes, I had to distract her with images from a Star Wars book that I pretended to read from. But, hey, she is 2. Besides, i told my wife, that if she asked, we would tell her Paul Revere was a Jedi.  **)

I'm laughing @ Paul Revere being a Jedi! I approve this message!!!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

B.C.

A few of us were able to gather in North Florida for an April 19th memorial Volley. A short video of the event is posted here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE2uVEcCt6U

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Fidget

Worked on putting more coats of clear coat on some laser practice stocks. (So they can be wiped down COVID-19 style :))
My husband and I went to the range, had to take American and We The People 1776 :)

D.O.M.

Whoa! Those are marvelous! Nice Work!  O0
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Mark Davis

Didn't shoot.
Did not wear any Appleseed regalia.
No mentioning  the heros of the revolution.

I did tell everyone who would listen about how we are giving up freedom for false safety.

This scare is mostly media driven hype.

The corona is a virus very easily spread, but with few problems for most people.

We cower in our homes at the demand of the ruling class.

We have sold our progeny into slavery by spending Trillions that do not exist.

Good training for a subservient population.

This virus, like many before will pass after most of us have been exposed and develop antibodies to fight it.
This gives us all a better chance of fighting the virus in it's future mutations.

Gus

My son Nathaniel and I went out to Birchwood and shot a bunch of AQTs and Redcoat targets.  Shot the M1, the AR, the 10/22s, the Marlin 795, my first rifle (Remington 572A pump-Dad gave it to me for my 12th birthday in 1975), the Savage Mk II and the M1 Carbine.  Been having a lot of fun getting that M1 Carbine to shoot (Tip: Steel bed the recoil plate! Accuracy starts there!).

I'm thinking that my son is finally coming to the conclusion that Appleseed instruction is pretty good stuff. He's been going to the range with me most every weekend this year and this past weekend he shot his first, practice, Rifleman score (222) with that bolt action Savage Mk II.  I'm thinking he finally had that "A-Ha!" moment where solid position, NPOA and the six steps got took hold.  For example, he took his time (4:37) on stage 4 and cleaned slow prone with 100 points. He was quite pleased and proud of himself.

Was a proud Dad moment too.

So, now that he's able to do it in practice all he needs is this Covid/Cornona business to stop and we get him in a real Appleseed Clinic.

Gus
"Mental notes aren't worth the paper they're written on" - Mark Twain

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen" - Jeff Cooper

KawGirl

Huzzah from 'Myakka City' Florida!
:snipersmi
KawGirl's Signature - - - - -                            
1st Appleseed  - 04/16/2016 - Clearwater, FL
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V