News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New to the State

Started by NoStep, July 06, 2022, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoStep

Hi all,

I am an IIT3 that has recently moved from Nebraska to Alabama, a bit north of Birmingham. I really enjoyed participating in the Nebraska program and I am really excited to be here as there seems to be a lot of activity (which is not a slam on the NE program - Vette73, who I believe is the only shoot boss in the state, and the crew he put together in the Omaha/Lincoln area, all deserve a huge shout-out).

I'd love to learn about the AL program and where instructors are needed here. With my location north of Birmingham, it is easy for me to get to shoots in both Birmingham and Huntsville. Finally, I am super excited to make it to a pistol clinic (and sad to see that the Huntsville pistol clinic on the 16th is booked up).

Look forward to meeting and working with some of you! Any tips or advice you have for participating in the AL program would be appreciated.

Mixed Metaphor

Welcome!  I look forward to meeting you.
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Tennessee Beast

Welcome to the Tennessee Valley!!!!
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Maximum Ordinate

Welcome to Alabama!

There's a shoot in South Huntsville on 23/24 July.  It would be a great opportunity for you to knock out some history on PC4.

in Liberty,
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

NoStep

Quote from: Maximum Ordinate on July 07, 2022, 12:25:42 PM
Welcome to Alabama!

There's a shoot in South Huntsville on 23/24 July.  It would be a great opportunity for you to knock out some history on PC4.

in Liberty,
MO

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately I'll be out of town for that shoot, but that will give me some time to study and get my history down!

Google

Welcome to Alabama!!

Too bad you will be out of town.  We will look forward to seeing you for another event soon.

In the meantime, as you noted, keep working on your skills.  Appleseed Academy is highly recommended for a way to make sure you are up to date and to refresh before getting back out on the firing line.

Best,
Google / Diana

HardHolder

Welcome to the great State of Alabama.

I am convinced that Alabama has some of the best Instructors in AS.

They are wonderful people and very professional in their work.

I love being part of the Alabama crew.

If you have any questions....just ask!

Willociraptor

Welcome to the Heart of Dixie! Glad to have you aboard :)

Like Google said, the Appleseed Academy is a great resource; make sure to tap into it!

Looking forward to meeting you and working some events with you.
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem

NoStep

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! As always moving has been an adventure, but things are settling down and I am trying to get organized to figure out when I can get out to my first event  :)

Very eager to finally get out to a known distance as well!