News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

M1 Garand For Sale (photos) *SOLD*

Started by hogfamily, March 16, 2020, 07:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfamily

SOLD

M1 Garand for sale  (30.06 Springfield)

Be ready for the coming Corona-Zombie Apocalypse!  O0

$900.00 includes CMP hard case, new cotton sling, chamber flag, CMP M1 owner's manual, and I will throw in a dozen enblocs and two rolls of TP.  ;D

This rifle is comparable to the M1 Garand Special grade that CMP sells for $1050.

I'm giving Alaska Appleseed folks first chance at the M1 Garand that I built at the Civilian Marksmanship Program Advanced Maintenance Course, (CMP AMC), in October 2019. (Link to the build AAR below)

If not sold to AK AS folks it will be consigned at Great Northern Guns

This is a beautiful rifle that was built under the strict supervision, assistance, and testing of CMP gunsmiths.

This rifle is an excellent shooter.

All major components have been bead blasted and re-parkerized.

All components were inspected by CMP gunsmiths for safety and function prior to assembly.

This rifle was built on a Springfield receiver manufactured in 1942.
New Criterion barrel.
The Winchester, (W.R.A.), bolt was lapped to the receiver and head spaced to the barrel.
Winchester slant op-rod with relief cut.
All the other parts are USGI of various manufactures.
New walnut stock and hand guards finished with five coats of hand rubbed pure tung oil.

If interested please send a PM through this forum or email me:  hogfamily@gci.net

http://hogfamilyalaska.blogspot.com/2019/11/civilian-marksmanship-program-advanced.html

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Super Trooper

Willing to sell to an non-AK AS folks? (shipped to an FFL of course)
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

hogfamily

I would have but an Anchorage AS instructor beat you to it. Sorry.
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

hogfamily

SOLD

Pete!

-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)