News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Tyranny in Albuquerque New Mexico

Started by TaosGlock, March 15, 2020, 08:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

It's bad news again and it is happening in other cities.
Never let a crisis go to waste is the motto of all tyrants.

Tomorrow nights meeting at the Albuquerque city council is to vote behind CLOSED DOORS on amendments to grant Tim Keller additional powers during this Coronavirus pandemic.  One of those powers is to take away your Second Amendment rights immediately.
**ACTIONS**

They will not let us into the meeting, so the only thing we can do is:

1. Call his assistant, Policy Analyst Sean Foran at (505) 768-3152, AND email city councilman Pat Davis. He's the one pushing for this.
Email Councilor Pat Davis: patdavis@cabq.gov

2. Consider calling the press or CC'ing them in the email to Pat Davis.

3. If you live in Albuquerque, find out who your council person is and email them.
https://www.cabq.gov/council/find-your-councilor/contact-all-councilors

4. To send a general email, per their request:
https://www.cabq.gov/council/find-your-councilor/comments-march-16-council-meeting?fbclid=IwAR2K59WESlMzAErC2TR2QLT_Qz7M57i0VVN3kKQaZ8JG6lmZJOoFgw8ak8w

5.  Stephani Lord is currently talking to a lawyer to see if we have standing for an injunction.

6. Contact Mayor Tim Keller  https://www.cabq.gov/mayor/contact-us/email-the-mayor

We MUST bring awareness to this immediately.  They vote on this Monday night, March 16, at 6PM

https://cabq.legistar.com/View.ashx?M=F&ID=8191268&GUID=A9569E4D-92F0-47FB-83EF-05EB27516C16&fbclid=IwAR1rEdGetcpkI7FEAEYeyoJ24_Dun_cXaIGqltogJcuoxR1-Oz22ivdKHxk
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

TaosGlock

I will get more details later of how bad this really is...
I took a screenshot of the details as it is to much to type.
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

pennys dad

Wow. They are setting themselves up for riots.
Which means marshal law and National Guard.

TaosGlock

Agreed brother.  This is insane.
We have an IBC  and a Appleseed Pistol class in ALb. at the city range, Shooting Range Park.
Don't know how it will affect that. 
They haven't actually voted on it yet...it is not gonna be the land of enchantment  much longer.

Here is a better screenshot:

pennys dad

Line 17 through 28 are the drivers for civil disobedience.

Quote from: TaosGlock on March 15, 2020, 09:28:26 PM
Agreed brother.  This is insane.
We have an IBC  and a Appleseed Pistol class in ALb.
Don't know how it will affect that. 
They haven't actually voted on it yet...they just closed the Railrunner commuter train between Alb and Santa Fe and all public schools in NM for 3 weeks.

Here is a better screenshot:

CarrollMS

Here is a model law that we use in Kentucky you might send to your state representative
Kentucky Revised Statute  https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/law/statutes/statute.aspx?id=11130
237.104 Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired --
Seizure of deadly weapons prohibited -- Application of section.
(1) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period
of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time,
have the right to revoke, suspend, limit the use of, or otherwise impair the validity
of the right of any person to ***purchase***, transfer, loan, own, possess, carry, or use a
firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon
or dangerous instrument.
(2) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period
of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time,
take, seize, confiscate, or impound a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition
component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument from any person.
Effective: July 12, 2006
History: Created 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 240, sec. 7, effective July 12, 2006.
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

pennys dad

Well Sir, it looks like the Blue Wave states all have similar ideas. Illinois and California are on the same path

scuzzy

Never let a good crisis go to waste. Man it's getting crazy out there. Stores here look like a horde of locusts hit. People acting all aggressive.

Yeah. I'd planned on coming out to the IBC with Jim. You gonna be at the IBC?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

pennys dad

Dang it all. Now I have to come to the IBC

BTW The Greatest Governor of the California's history, better than Reagan. Just announced that anyone over the age of 65 is banned from coming out in public. They must self quarantine as of today.

Quote from: scuzzy on March 15, 2020, 10:19:28 PM

Never let a good crisis go to waste. Man it's getting crazy out there. Stores here look like a horde of locusts hit. People acting all aggressive.

TaosGlock

Quote from: scuzzy on March 15, 2020, 10:19:28 PM

I had planned on it. I now wonder what what the situation will be like in two and a half months, anywhere. The situation is getting worse in NM and Albuquerque already has one of the highest violent crime rates in America.

Sportsman's Warehouse and many other local gun shops in Albuquerque are nearly cleaned out of firearms, ammo and reloading components. I have heard this is common everywhere more or less.

Food stores in NM are now having big runs on essentials and folks are starting to lose patience. This despite the fact the delivery trucks more or less still on a regular schedule.  There was a rumor of closing down all state borders to non residents, but allow delivery trucks, people on business only, etc.

Yesterday, the governor announced she was closing down all the publik skools for 3 weeks starting this Mon. And the Railrunner Train from Santa Fe to Albuquerque was just shut down. 
Don't know if the city will shut down the Shooting Range Park where the IBC is, but be prepared for the worst.
I have not seen it this bad ever in this state or our country.

And now this nonsense on top of it.

scuzzy

Quote from: TaosGlock on March 15, 2020, 10:58:53 PM

Yesterday, the governor announced she was closing down all the publik skools for 3 weeks starting this Mon.

Well at least something good is coming out of all of this.

Teachers - leave them kids alone.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

TaosGlock

Quote from: scuzzy on March 15, 2020, 11:18:31 PM
Quote from: TaosGlock on March 15, 2020, 10:58:53 PM

Yesterday, the governor announced she was closing down all the publik skools for 3 weeks starting this Mon.

Well at least something good is coming out of all of this.

Teachers - leave them kids alone.
;D

TaosGlock

Oh and they just closed the world class ski area here, Taos Ski Valley "to prevent the spread of Coronavirus". Mid to late April is the usual closing.
Small businesses, such as ours are livid. That is nearly 6 weeks of income that will suffer.

JoeZ

I need a link to post on other sights as a reference.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Maximum Ordinate

SOM.  SOM.  Stay on message.  Stay on mission.

Things are tough.  Emotions are running high.  If you're speaking and representing Project Appleseed, remember to SOM-SOM.

v/r
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

TaosGlock

Oh and I did just check out the SRP and the NRAWC web pages for Coronavirus updates and they have not made any announcement on range closings.
So for now, in regards to our Project Appleseed events,  we are good to go in New Mexico.

pennys dad

O0   we can plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Quote from: TaosGlock on March 16, 2020, 01:10:06 AM
Oh and I did just check out the SRP and the NRAWC web pages for Coronavirus updates and they have not made any announcement on range closings.
So for now, in regards to our Project Appleseed events,  we are good to go in New Mexico.