News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WISCONSIN IBC!

Started by martin, January 06, 2020, 01:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

Hi everyone, it's been a couple of years but Wisconsin will be having an Instructor Boot Camp this year. The date is March 14 in Hubertus at the Danial Boone Rifle club. We should have it on the schedule soon. I'm posting this so you can plan accordingly. Regardless of your rank or experience, you should plan on attending.
We are still working on the details but I wanted to get this date out to you.   
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Janir

That's the one weekens in March I'm out of town. If ther is any prep work needed I'm more than happy to help.
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Trisha

Will this be a one day IBC?

Red Momma Bear

Planning on being there! Let's pray my grandson comes early because that's his due date!
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing."  John Stuart Mill in 1867

TrapperPete

I would like very much to join you all. However I had already committed to working an air rifle clinic for the 4-H the 14th.

thank you for putting on a IBC  looking forward to the next one.

martin

Note that you can sign up for this IBC in TIPS. We have not had an IBC in Wisconsin for a couple of years and there are instructors and shoot bosses that have never been to one. Please plan on attending.   
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Theokestral

I signed up. Looking forward to being there and seeing everyone! :)

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

martin

Originally the plan was for a 2 day IBC but most have requested a 1 day so plan on a long 1 day IBC
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

jgulso

If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid.

JoeZ

I'm starting to prepare for this, if there are any requests please let me know.

As Martin wrote above, it's a long day but we have work to do.

PS. Sorry to miss you Pat, it's been too long.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Trisha

Quote from: JoeZ on February 08, 2020, 12:40:50 AM
I'm starting to prepare for this, if there are any requests please let me know.

As Martin wrote above, it's a long day but we have work to do.

PS. Sorry to miss you Pat, it's been too long.

Is there anything I can help with?

JoeZ

Hi Trisha,
sorry for the late reply.

My visual aids all seem dated. If you have any current visual aids or any material like POI's, maps, 7 step material, and the Instructor manual that we could use please bring it and a laptop with digital copies. I'll get some memory sticks and if you would please organize the files into folders we will distribute that to all in attendance.

Thank you,
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Leadlined

Is there anything the rest of us can do, or should be bringing?

Any specific plans around lunch and / or dinner?
If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

7/5/2014, First appleseed
9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss
7/9/2023, Pistoleerâ„¢/Pistol Instructor
....and still working on it

JoeZ

Dummy rifles and shooting mats. I'll bring some, but if we had one per student this will make things fly.

I didn't plan anything for lunch or dinner but I'm open to ideas.

Leadlined

It may be too late to plan a potluck or something?  I'm sure I could work up a pot of chili at need though.
If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss

Trisha

What time are we wanting to start at?

Also I have been trying to gather the things you asked for, but I haven't had a ton of luck. I'll try to look more tonight though.

SteelThunder

I'm going to PM you guys a link to the MI IBC materials.  We have a rich set of presentation materials that has been refined over the last 8 years of consecutive IBCs.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Mercedes

Reach out to Ghostring - he's put on 3 IBCs in Texas over the past 2 years and has a current IBC presentation

Leadlined

Looks like this is canceled?
414.745.4494 if not... It would be nice if sign up info didn't fall off day - of..
-Martin Luther

9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss

Trisha

Quote from: Leadlined on March 14, 2020, 11:39:24 AM
Looks like this is canceled?
414.745.4494 if not... It would be nice if sign up info didn't fall off day - of..

In TIPS under the pre-regs/instructor section, click on 2020 and this weekend's and other past weekends event will pop up.