News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Temple, TX KD March 7-8, 2020 AAR

Started by scuzzy, March 09, 2020, 06:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Buku fun.  :---

Finally. We had our first event in Temple Texas at the new KD range. This was an Instructor Only event to break in the range and see what needed to be tweaked to make it as good as possible for the general public.

There's not a whole lot we need to do at this point other than a few minor details. Setup some true shooting range windsocks rather than just plastic ribbons, steel target stands for our new steel, bunch of minor stuff. None of it a show stopper but we want this to be a Great Range. And it will be.

We had 12 instructors on the line and several running things. Out of 12 we had 8 requalify Saturday. And 2 as distinguished.

This was run a bit differently that a normal KD in that we discussed ways of presenting POI and also a lot of talk about reading the wind, range estimation and how to present it, and lots of other things. I wanted to do this since there is so much conflicting info on the net about some things. Heck - I learned a lot myself.

I could go on and on about what a great weekend this was but then this would get too long winded. So other than saying Thanks All I'll end things at that.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

paul.rome

It was an awesome shoot.  On a great new range.  With some outstanding colleagues (instructors).

Paul