News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

San Angelo TX Feb 29-Mar 01, 2020 - AAR

Started by scuzzy, March 02, 2020, 10:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Another great shoot.

Thanks to all the instructors who showed up to help. I wasn't sure when I'd initially scheduled this whether I could get much help because it's a bit of a drive to get there. I'd thought it might turn out to be just me & KawGirl running things and I was going to get a board member to run RSO too. And lo and behold we had WhitePaladin, Don'tFix1776, GenX and Minuteman from the Texas crew show up to help.

And KawGirl all the way from Florida. She is a Texas girl by the way. A big thanks to you and Ted for getting this going.

And Captain all the way from Colorado. Talk about dedication. He was a big help. I assigned him as the line boss on Sunday and he ran  with it. Pretty much ran things and I was able to get in a bunch of AQTs myself. Thank you sir. I really like his story about Joseph Warren. I'd never heard that one. I'm going to have to look it up and add that to my stories.

Chad did a really great story too about how just one individual can help change the course of history.

The students were great. Had lots of improvement and fun was had by all. We even had two Distinguished Riflemen!! I've never seen an event where two of those happened in one weekend.

OK guys - let's see some pics posted.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Captain

Great shooters, motivated instructors and a NEW APPLESEED RANGE! The San Angelo Gun Club was the site of a fantastic event this last weekend. The range we were on featured a covered concrete line. The whole thing was brand new and perfect! The attendees included families who brought relatives and a set of grandparents who brought three teenagers out to learn marksmanship and learn about their heritage. We also had one instructor who earned his red hat! Congratulations WhitePaladin!

I'm posting a couple of pictures I took. You can click on them to see them at a larger size and then click again to shrink down. 

You know you're in the right place when KawGirl kicks off the day by playing the national anthem on fife!

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Captain

Then the fire hose is opened wide and the marksmanship knowledge is coming full blast . . .

Safety is always first

You . . . must . . . use . . . the . . . force 

Aka, hasty sling

Prone position

The six steps of making the shot 

Natural Point of Aim (NPOA)

Captain

At lunch everyone get to hear the story of April 19th, 1775, a day which would forever change the world. 

The regulars go to Lexington

The regulars break at the North Bridge

Captain

Of course the most important part of an Appleseed is the shooters who come out to hear about their heritage and practice marksmanship

Organizer and shooter!

A Rifleman persists

Picture of persistence

I can hear it . . . "Please take my picture" 

Serious concentration 

Shootin' irons and working hard!

Captain

Some more of the shooters and instructors . . .

Captain

Some patches were earned!! These shooters earned their patch on Saturday.
And then went Distinguished on Sunday!! Congrats!

Saturday Rifleman

Sunday Distinguished

Captain

The final picture is WhitePaladin getting his Red Hat from the shoot boss. Great Job!

The best way to spend the weekend is out at the range learning marksmanship with fellow patriots with liberty in the air. I hope I get the chance to take part in another Appleseed at the San Angelo Gun Club soon.

KawGirl

CONGRATS TO GREG AND CLAY!!! DISTINGUISHED RIFLEMEN!!!

KawGirl's Signature - - - - -                            
1st Appleseed  - 04/16/2016 - Clearwater, FL
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Tejas

Excellent event, a job well done by all the instructors. It may sound odd but I was prouder of a rifleman score with a bolt action than a distinguished score with a 10/22. I quickly learned that an ill-fitting bolt action (jaw weld instead of cheek weld) should not be a first choice, but a rifleman persists...and sometimes gets lucky  :).

Kawgirl's national anthem was a great start to the day, the stories were well told, the instruction excellent. It was particularly enjoyable watching the youngsters attitudes change from Saturday to Sunday as they had their "aha" moments and starting seeing their groups and scores improving. Again a job well done by the instructors.

Thanks for all you do!
Clay

KawGirl

How did y'all get your pictures so big on the forum here? Mine come out tiny.
KawGirl's Signature - - - - -                            
1st Appleseed  - 04/16/2016 - Clearwater, FL
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

scuzzy

Quote from: KawGirl on July 28, 2020, 06:58:15 PM

Maybe check the settings on your phone? Mine usually come out huge but I then edit then using something similar to photoshop (GIMP) to make them smaller to save space.

Small is fine.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Nashville Stage

Quote from: KawGirl on July 28, 2020, 06:58:15 PM

Your photos are a great size (1024 x 768). If you click or tap on your photos, they'll expand. The forum shows uploaded photos as thumbnails at the bottom of your post.

The other way to show photos is to upload them to a 3rd-party site like Flickr, then embed a link to those photos in your forum post. That's what Captain did with his photos.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Captain

Hey KawGirl!!

Nashville Stage knows the drill. A great SB up in Iowa schooled me on the "how to post pictures" (thanks IXOYE!!).

• Get a free account with Flickr
  • Upload the pictures
  • Use BBCode to include the URL to your photo in your post

In case step 3 has you going,"What!!?? #$%!" Lemme 'splain it a little.  :)

Do a search for "BBCode" for tips and more info. Basically you include a line that says:

[url width=300](copy paste url to your photo here . . . with out the parenthesis)[/url]

The pictures I posted above used that line of code inserted into a table. If you want to go that far, the search for "BBCode" will show you how to do it.

Have fun!!
Captain