News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Mexico Instructor Boot Camp - Official Details

Started by Mrs. Smith, February 29, 2020, 06:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Smith

UPDATE MAY 18, 10:35MDT

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CITY HAS BEEN CHANGED TO ALAMOGORDO, NM, and the range to the Sidney Paul Gordon range in La Luz (outskirts of Alamogordo).

I'm going to remove a few older posts that were made prior to the venue change to thin the thread out a bit.  Those posts may no longer apply since the change.

Good afternoon, New Mexico!  The date is set and the venue is booked for a LONG overdue Instructor Boot Camp, to be held in ALAMOGORDO!

And to sweeten the pot, the Southwest Region's very own GHOSTRING will be conducting an Instructor-Only Pistol clinic that Friday.  That's right, New Mexico's Inaugural Pistol clinic is part of the package!   ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

The Dates? 

Pistol Clinic May 29, 2020

Instructor Boot Camp, May 30-31, 2020.

This is the weekend FOLLOWING Memorial Day.

The venue will be the Sidney Paul Gordon Shooting Range located at 19 Rockcliff Road La Luz, NM 88337
There is a $5.32/day range fee. They're doing some remodeling right now, so their credit card machines may not be operative.  Plan on paying cash.

For those traveling in, please plan your lodging accordingly. There are LOTS of hotel, motel, and RV Park options in Alamogordo.

A short list to start you off, All within 8 miles/ 15 minute drive

Alamogordo Inn 575-437-1000
Super 8 575-434-4205
Quality Inn 575-437-7100
Hampton Inn 575-439-1782
Days Inn 575-437-5090
Holiday Inn Express 575-257-3736

RV Parks:
Alamogordo Roadrunner Campground  437-3003
Days End RV  Tularosa 575-585-2351
Boot Hill RV Resort 575-439-6224
Shady Grove 575-437-6389

We typically each kick in about $35 for meals during the IBC (three meals Saturday, two meals Sunday).  A final figure will be announced when we are closer. 

Additional details will be posted in this thread as the time approaches.  Please ask your questions here, but be aware we may not have the answers right away.

This IBC will be conducted under the leadership of SW Regional Coordinator/Senior Instructor IBC/RBC Ghostring

*************BORDER RAIDERS ARE WELCOME!!!****************BORDER RAIDERS ARE WELCOME!!!*************BORDER RAIDERS ARE WELCOME**

ALL Participants in the Pistol Clinic please sign up as students HERE https://goappleseednow.org/?event=alamogordo-nm-instructor-training-pistol-program-may-29-2020

LET ME STRESS THAT AGAIN:  ALL PARTICIPANTS in the Pistol clinic sign up at the link above. DO NOT sign up on TIPs!

SHOOT BOSSES and RED HATS who have attended an IBC within the last year or so, Please sign up to work the IBC in TIPS here https://appleseedinfo.org/tips/sign-up-shoot-state.php?qstate=NM&statename=New%20Mexico

All other Red Hats, Orange Hats, and Blue Hats, please sign up as STUDENTS FOR THE IBC here https://goappleseednow.org/?event=alamogordo-nm-instructor-boot-camp-may-30-31-2020

As you all know, this is New Mexico's first IBC in a LONG time, so we're very excited!

More info will be added as it comes available.  I will begin posting details in this thread TODAY, May 18

Special Thanks to HotAirBill for pulling this out of his hat at the last minute when we were sure all was lost!   :1luvu   :bow:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

hotairbill

Talked with Rangemaster at La Luz range( Alamogordo) this PM.  He would be willing to host This training.  Must appear to comply with The" Covid-19guidelines."  He is very flexible and willing to nelp.
If you are not happy doing what you are doing... it's time to change what you are doing!
Rifleman patch, March 16, 2014.  Accepted an ORANGE hat on Sunday, 20 April, in Roswell NM. Now I start "Baby Steps."
Earned Red Hat, May 21, 2017.  Earned Shoot Boss, November 4, 2018!  Look out, Alamogordo, N.M. here comes Appleseed, again!

colonial shooter

"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Jerry Hall

"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Captain

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Captain on May 18, 2020, 12:01:34 AM
Signed up!! Can't wait.

Just think, less than a year ago you were a poor little IIT0  :cool2:

I guess I'd better update that top post, eh?     there used to be a little whip cracking guy here someplace......  Ah!!!! There he is!!! 

~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Captain

Not much change . . . except the massive amount of stuff in the back of my van!

Southwest Desert IBC - where IITs, ITs and SBs come to get mo' bedda (and eat breakfast burritos . . . and chili!)

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Captain on May 18, 2020, 02:39:55 PM
Not much change . . . except the massive amount of stuff in the back of my van!

Southwest Desert IBC - where IITs, ITs and SBs come to get mo' bedda (and eat breakfast burritos . . . and chili!)

mmm    :1luvu Real NM chiles.....  and real Texas Chili.....  does it get better than that?

libertyhammer

Can I attend the Appleseed Pistol Clinic if the IBC later that weekend is my first?

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: libertyhammer on May 18, 2020, 08:17:42 PM
Can I attend the Appleseed Pistol Clinic if the IBC later that weekend is my first?

You're staying for the IBC?

Then ABSOLUTELY!

Captain

Okay, question time :)

I know we'll need handguns for the pistol event on Friday. What about rifles? Will this be a classroom only event, or will we be in the range? Centerfire, rimfire, both? Actually, is there a classroom?

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Captain on May 19, 2020, 12:26:23 PM
Okay, question time :)

I know we'll need handguns for the pistol event on Friday. What about rifles? Will this be a classroom only event, or will we be in the range? Centerfire, rimfire, both? Actually, is there a classroom?

There actually IS a classroom!  Yay!  Hopefully with some A/C, but Riflemen persist.  As far as I know, the format will be much the same as the last IBC you attended, except for the pistol clinic.  I'm reaching out to some folks today for more details.

Captwa

Mrs. Smith

Much thanks to Hotairbill for looking into lodging for us.

He talked to the new manager of the Suburban lodge, Cory, and he has about 30 rooms still a available and will give a group rate of $59.00 for a single and $69.00 for a double. You need to mention Appleseed project to get that price.  It would be wise to book soon, so you are assured a place. Address is: 2500 N. White Sands Blvd.  Phone number is:575-446-6111.