News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia, Ohio

Started by Corvette, February 17, 2020, 02:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

We held an Instructor Boot Camp (IBC) this past weekend at Tusco Rifle Club in New Philadelphia, Ohio.  We had 18 great Ohio and PA SB's, Instructors and IIT's gather at Tusco for two days of intensive training on our points of instruction (POI's), range relations, effective Heritage presentation, shooter problem diagnostics and new program initiatives. 

It was a full schedule that went into the evening Saturday and through Sunday afternoon.  Everybody worked exceptionally hard on improving their instruction skills and enjoying the company of fellow Ohio and PA team members. 

Even after the end of formal activities Saturday night, the team didn't have enough.  We fired up the Libertyseed presentation at the NRAAM convention a few years ago in Indy which was followed by a showing of Last of the Mohicans on the big screen TV so we all went to sleep steeped in our heritage as Americans.

Sunday was more of the same with a great Troubleshooting the Line breakout where all our IIT's were challenged to "see" shooter errors on the firing line.  The event finished mid-afternoon and fond goodbyes were shared as all headed home after two days of hard work. 

My thanks to the board of trustees of Tusco Rifle Range for giving us their main clubhouse for the weekend for the event.  Tusco is one of Ohio's Hero Ranges having hosted shoots for over 10 years.  To all the attendees, thank you for your hard work, for all the SB's and Instructors, thank you for your interest in sharing your Appleseed knowledge with our IIT's and finally, a big thank you to Pam for feeding us for the weekend. 

To all the attendees, post your pics, and add your comments.

Ohio Rocks!!!

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

cwcdl79

What an excellent time at the IBC! I'm grateful that Ohio was able to host this event. The conraderie and conversations were great, and it was a pleasure meeting instructors that I've only seen their comments on the forum. Bring on the 2020 season coach, I'm ready!

EZ3

All instructors should make it a point to attend an IBC occasionally.   It helps fight burnout.  A weekend with fellow patriots is a great way to get psyched for the 2020 season!

It was a pleasure to spend the weekend with all of you!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Charles McKinley

A big THANK YOU to Tusco for hosting us.  This is one of the nicest clubs with the friendliest members I have been to.

Thanks the Corvette for putting it all together and everyone I got to meet and work with this weekend.  I'm looking forward to seeing you on the trail this year!
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Corvette

All,

We still need some pics from the event.  For the folks that attended, get them pics posted.

Corvette

:pics:
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

wetsight

Wow, what a weekend. Time with fellow shooters and history enthusiasts is always time well spent. A big thanks to Corvette for doing all the legwork that goes into coordinating one of these events. Thank You also to the instructors who served as patient teachers.

Charles McKinley

Pics!
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

cwcdl79

Corvette

Still need someone to post the group photo from Sunday. 

Corvette

:pics:

Cadence

What a great weekend!

Catching up with old friends and make some new friends in the Appleseed cadre, all in the spirit of heritage and freedom.

A big thanks to our state coordinator who organized the first IBC in Ohio since 2012.  O0 Also to the Tusco Rifle Club for hosting us and providing us with delicious food throughout the weekend.

Looking forward to working with each of you somewhere down the trail.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Charles McKinley

HammBone

Ditto the above. A great time! Thanks to all who made it happen and especially to Tusco Rifle Club for their hospitality.

This is the group photo on my phone. It didn't catch the Tusco banner above the door unfortunately.

Calling the roll from left to right:

Longrifleman (Jeff), Corvette (Steve), Redleg (Darren), Full Metal Rifleman (Eren), EZ3 (Lee), meadow (Al), Charles McKinley (Charles), Cactus Jack (Sam), Shep (Bruce), Cadence (Don), cwcdl79 (Dom), ??? (Steve), neckbones (Melissa), Crazy Duckhunter (Ron), GM Joe (Joe), HammBone (Mitch)

Photographer: Wetsight
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

RedLeg

You missed Cadence!   ;)

I echo all the comments above.  Thanks to Corvette for pulling this IBC together, thanks to all the SBs and Instructors for making the learning fun, interesting, and non-intimidating, and a BIG thanks to Tusco Rifle Club for a great facility and amazing food all weekend!

I definitely agree with EZ3 that all Instructors and IITs should make a point to attend an IBC.  I was amazed at how much even the Instructors and SBs learned from their peer's individual experiences.  It seems that everyone who attended brought back some new knowledge to impart on those absent and our shooters.

The only other thing I can add is, HUSSAH HUSSAH HUSSAH!

D

Quote from: HammBone on February 19, 2020, 08:17:53 AM
Ditto the above. A great time! Thanks to all who made it happen and especially to Tusco Rifle Club for their hospitality.

This is the group photo on my phone. It didn't catch the Tusco banner above the door unfortunately.

Calling the roll from left to right:

Longrifleman (Jeff), Corvette (Steve), Redleg (Darren), Full Metal Rifleman (Eren), EZ3 (Lee), meadow (Al), Charles McKinley (Charles), Cactus Jack (Sam), Shep (Bruce), cwcdl79 (Dom), ??? (Steve), neckbones (Melissa), Crazy Duckhunter (Ron), GM Joe (Joe), HammBone (Mitch)

Photographer: Wetsight
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777

HammBone

Fixed. Sorry Cadence. No offense meant. My interruptions at work are never ending.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Cadence

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Tennessee Beast

I am so glad that Steve (Chieflane) was able to make it.  I was there when he received his hat at Tallahassee.

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Longrifleman

I want to thank everyone who attended and all who contributed in any way for the invaluable and irreplaceable knowledge and experience of this IBC. Especially Corvette for working so hard to set everything up and make the event a complete success!

There is no doubt that I will be a better Instructor and a better Shoot Boss and that our Appleseeds will be of markedly higher quality due not only to my betterment but to that of my team of Instructors who undoubtedly gained skill from attending.

I echo the recommendation that every AS volunteer should make a point to attend an IBC!
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919