Author Topic: Passing the Torch - Southeast Region  (Read 984 times)

Offline Maximum Ordinate

• National Coordinator & AOC Member
  • Master Instructor
  • Liberty, yo!
Passing the Torch - Southeast Region
« on: February 12, 2020, 03:48:15 PM »
Friends,

It's bittersweet to announce that it's time to pass the torch of SouthEast Regional Coordinator.

Phenry of Florida has been a friend and mentor to me, back from the time I was an orange hat and later as a state coordinator.  He's been serving in the RC job for close to a decade.  His accomplishments are far beyond what I can count during that timeframe.  After years of yeoman's work, Phenry is passing the RC mantle so he can focus exclusively on Master Instructor business (which can be a full time job itself).

Trey, thank you for your selfless, humble leadership and years of good counsel to the instructors in your region. 

The SouthEast torch is being passed to Rambin' Wreck of Tennessee.  If you haven't met 'Wreck, he is a consummate professional and completely dedicated to the principles of Liberty.  I am confident the SouthEast is in good hands going forward.

Please join me in thanking both gentlemen for their leadership and service above and beyond the firing line!

in Liberty,
MO
We're in the Liberty business.  If all we do is hand out patches to people who already know how to shoot, did we help rescue America?

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Have questions?  Check our Volunteer FAQ.

KD requal 50/50, December 2020.

Offline Mercedes

• designated Shoot Boss
Re: Passing the Torch - Southeast Region
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 04:35:38 PM »
Congratulations, Ramblin' Wreck!  If I remember correctly, we worked together in TN, maybe twice, before I moved back to Texas!

Thank you, phenry for your service and inspiration.  You were the SB at a Rifle Boot Camp in Ramsuer almost three years ago that my husband and I attended.  Witnessing your love and belief in AS and being the recipient of much on the ground assistance from your lovely wife were priceless.  In fact, watching how you and your wife tag team, encouraged my husband and me to become Instructors and eventually SBs as well.  A few months ago, Padraic was promoted to dSB and I just learned that my promotion to dSB is also in the works.  Thank you for your mentorship, even though you didn't know you were mentoring us.  Tweaking the words of St. Francis of Assisi, "Lead by Example, and if necessary, use words. "  Isn't that the way that life is supposed to work?

Debbie and Padraic Fonseca
Mercedes and Tumbleweed

Offline Ramblin' Wreck

• Pistol Instructor

• The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 04:55:48 PM »
One of the first people I met outside a small core group of instructors in Tennessee after taking an orange hat nearly 10 years ago was PHenry. He came up from Florida to help ItsanSKS run a KD in Tullahoma, TN. The shoot ended up getting called late on day 2 when the cardboard backers fell off the frames because of driving rain from the tail end of a hurricane. I remember how impressed I was with Trey's passion for the program, his instruction and his ability to tell history. He's always the model I have in my mind for the perfect Appleseed Instructor.

I'm honored to be asked to support the southeast as the RC and I look forward to getting some feedback on how we can work together to promote the Appleseed mission.
Wreck
“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal 2/22/19 at 600 yards AR15 Service Rifle 50/50 - irons
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
47 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 11/11/21

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

Online scuzzy

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Charter Pistol Instructor

• Senior Staff: IT
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 05:02:56 PM »
Yup - PHenry is a good guy. And so is Wreck. Makes me proud to be a part of an organization that has such fine people.

I just wanted to be left alone.

Offline TaosGlock

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Our mission now demands the utmost in urgency...
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 05:04:17 PM »
Congratulations Wreck!
The Southeast Region is lucky to have you at the helm.
May liberty continue to prosper!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Offline AH1Tom

• Instructor
  • Pistol Instructor

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 09:59:58 PM »
PHenry,

I still remember your passion when you were telling history at the inaugural event at the CMP in Talladega. that was the same event I first qualified as a Rifleman. I was honored to get a North Bridge water baptism from Wreck for that qual.

OK, my old man memory is apparently not that good. It was not PHenry at Talladega. I look forward to meeting you someday.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 10:07:22 PM by AH1Tom »

Offline Google

• Budget Officer & Special Projects
  • Master Instructor
  • Pistol Instructor

• Senior Staff
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 10:09:29 PM »
Thanks to both PHenry and Ramblin' Wreck for your dedication to the program.  We are all better for it.   :bow:

Offline dond

• Chief Master Instructor & AOC Member
  • Master Instructor
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 11:17:41 AM »
Congratulations Wreck. And thanks for stepping up. No one is better qualified for the position.

Offline Roswell

• Georgia SC
  • designated Shoot Boss
  • Pistol Instructor

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 04:09:32 PM »
Thank you both for all you do and have done for the program!
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Top Requal Score (Distinguished) 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21
Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Offline PHenry

• Master Instructor
  • 2A - The Original Homeland Security
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 10:56:12 AM »
Wreck,
My sincere condolences sir.  ^-^

Hey, at least you got to say yes or no. Fred never gave me that choice 10+ years ago.  ~~:)
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata