News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RED FLAG LAW-LAST CHANCE TO KILL THIS!!

Started by TaosGlock, February 10, 2020, 05:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

Last chance to kill our Red Flag law. Otherwise it goes to Full House for Vote.

Here is a sample One Minute letter:

Dear XXXXXX
Please vote NO on SB5.
There's nothing reasonable about this law. There's nothing even remotely reasonable about a civil action that deprives someone of their constitutional rights. There's nothing reasonable about eliminating the constitutionality of "due process" out of a sense of urgency. There's nothing reasonable about requiring the "accused" to hire a lawyer and prove they are not guilty of the allegations against them. None of that is reasonable.

Additionally this law VIOLATES the Asset Forfeiture Law HB560.

To vote other than NO on SB5 would be a failure of  your constitutional responsibility.

Respectfully yours,

**CALL TO ACTION**
SB 5 will be heard tomorrow, TUESDAY the 11th, in the House Consumer and Public Affairs committee. Its 3 Democrats to 2 Republicans.  You know the drill - START CALLING AND EMAILING RIGHT NOW!

"Hi, my name is ____ and my zip code is____ and I am a resident of New Mexico and I want _____ to vote NO on SB5."

Representative Elizabeth "Liz" Thomson - (D)
Capitol Phone: (505) 986-4425
Capitol Room: 314B
Email: liz.thomson@nmlegis.gov

Representative Andrea Romero - (D)
Capitol Phone: (505) 986-4254
Capitol Room: 203CN
Email: andrea@andrearomero.com

Representative Angelica Rubio - (D)
Capitol Phone: (505) 986-4227
Capitol Room: 203A
Office Phone: (575) 616-1090
Email: angelica.rubio@nmlegis.gov

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

WhitePaladin

Do you want out of state folks contacting them as well?

-Chris

TaosGlock

Thanks for asking brother!
So far they won't even listen to their resident voter base, in which our side outnumbers them 3-1.
But I am sure if you mention you will not be spending money on New Mexico made products or  taking your family vacation in NM, that could very well get their attention.

So sure, fire away! :~

And thanks!
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

TaosGlock

The final debate for the red flag bill is going down now. When I can't take time off work to got there in person, I listen to the live feed.
Since the live feed mysteriously went down for all the New Mexicans watching at home here's an Update on SB5 "Red Flag Law":
SB5 is being presented in the House of Representatives. We have asked for several reasonable amendments to the bill.
However, the Governor has ordered the Democratic Party to pass the bill with no amendments, because the bill would have to go back to the Senate for affirmation. Both sides agree there is bad language in the bill that will affect municipalities and counties as it relates to tort claims and insurance.
Why the rush? Because the Governor wants to have a signing tomorrow on the anniversary of the Parkland Shooting surrounded by children.
That's right folks. Our municipalities and counties will pay millions in bad legislation because our Governor wants a photo opt!
All at the expense of our liberty.

TaosGlock

OMG the speaker of the house kicked the sheriff's off the floor.
Their testimony would be powerful

TaosGlock

My rep just sent me an email from the floor:
New Mexico House to vote on Red Flag bill anytime now. SB5 forces police to knock your door down, handcuff everyone inside (except small children), and confiscate any and all of your guns merely on a probable cause standard of evidence. If you don't believe me, ask any SWAT team about how a NO-KNOCK search warrant works. Police are pressured to act adversarial in situations where they wouldn't be otherwise because this is the nation's first experiment in ELIMINATING immunity for police. This will create a police state and cripple law enforcement's ability to use their own discretion to help law-abiding citizens, filling of our jails with non-violent offenders instead of violent criminals. As a father of six children, I want my kids to be safe. This law endangers them as well as all the children across our great state.
New Mexico House to vote on Red Flag bill anytime now. SB5 forces police to knock your door down, handcuff everyone inside (except small children), and confiscate any and all of your guns merely on a probable cause standard of evidence. If you don't believe me, ask any SWAT team about how a NO-KNOCK search warrant works. Police are pressured to act adversarial in situations where they wouldn't be otherwise because this is the nation's first experiment in ELIMINATING immunity for police. This will create a police state and cripple law enforcement's ability to use their own discretion to help law-abiding citizens, filling of our jails with non-violent offenders instead of violent criminals. As a father of six children, I want my kids to be safe. This law endangers them as well as all the children across our great state.

Think Jason Russell.....

TaosGlock

Progressives Just voted to table an amendment to SB5 introduced by Alonzo Baldonado. The amendment would have removed a redundant section of law that, when placed in this bill, removes qualified immunity for all law enforcement officers. By rejecting the amendment, progressives are promoting a "police state" and removing officer discretion.

TaosGlock

SB5 just passed, 38-31. :-[
Long live the Republic...

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Jerry Hall

Brother Dan,
Now! Is the time to start organizing to replace all of the elected representatives that had anything to do with these bills passing into law in New Mexico.
This is the only hope!
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

TaosGlock

Quote from: Jerry Hall on February 14, 2020, 02:56:51 PM
Brother Dan,
Now! Is the time to start organizing to replace all of the elected representatives that had anything to do with these bills passing into law in New Mexico.
This is the only hope!
Jerry

Yes, this is the next step in the civic involvement process.