News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Acting Wyoming Coordinator

Started by sleepy, February 04, 2020, 01:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepy

For those I haven't met yet, I'm sleepy; new acting state coordinator for Wyoming. Rasputin and Mr Aufbau have heavy schedule conflicts as we speak, but will be resuming their duties in the near future.

I'll keep things brief, but would like to share a few things:

COMMUNICATIONS

-fastest way to get me is by phone; 505 264 8892

-second fastest (and better if there are details like numbers and addresses my poor overwhelmed brain WILL FORGET as fast as told) is text; same phone number as above

-plenty of time and plenty of details? PM works fine! Just be aware that if I'm away, I'm offline; could be up to two weeks at a time. If I'm behind the wheel, I'm offline too.

-please start checking in on the Wyoming forum frequently. I will try to use it rather than mass PMs/emails, but you only get the message if you check in.

MISSION

-I'm here to help; coordinator is the operative word. Greasing wheels, passing info up and down the chain, answering questions, and maybe even taking weight off of some shoulders; if I'm able to, I will. That being said, my telepathic powers (not to mention my hearing) were severely impacted by a workplace kryptonite incident; please make any concerns known to me, loudly. Multiple times doesn't hurt, either...senile dementia thing.

AGENDA/APPEALS TO HEAVEN

-boosting attendance at shoots. This is an all-hands thing, and a must if Appleseed is to survive. Wyoming does great with numbers of shoots, but poorly with numbers of shooters at the shoots. This is a serious drain on national's financial resources; we have to stop the bleeding. It's a challenge given the demographics, but one we can change with elbow grease.

-we also do poorly with bringing new shooters to the line. A big chunk of our mission is bringing in people who are new to the shooting sports, There's an evil agenda to steal our birthright as Americans. If we can't expand our community, especially by bringing in youth, we can expect to be as free as Venezuelans within our lifetimes.

-again, we do poorly when it comes to diversity. Diversity means people who don't look like sleepy in terms of politics, race, gender, and age. These people have the vote, and the fight is a close one. Do you think these people value rights they regard as only yours? Probably not. But they will fight tooth and nail for rights they understand to be theirs. It's up to us to educate and empower these voters.

-advancing IITs. Too few of those who take a hat ever seem to show up again. And too few of those who show up again seem to make it to Instructor. Shoot bosses; while running the shoot is demanding, investing in tomorrow's leadership is equally important. Actively reach out to IITs and Instructors to pre-register for your shoots. Leave some of the running of shoots to your Instructors, and spend some of that time doing PCs with your IITs. IITs; be assertive about making your promotions happen; the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

WILL SLEEPY EVER SHUT UP?

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Please get in touch with me.

Th...Tha...That's all, Folks!

TaosGlock

Thank you for stepping up with a bigger bucket!
The Nation and Wyoming will reap the benefits of your efforts!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Captain

Great message Sleepy. I can't wait to return to a Wyoming Appleseed in 2020!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Mercedes

So, just how many hats are you wearing????  Appleseed is blessed to have your leadership and unfailing support.