News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ATTENTION! Louisiana enters the Appleseed Family!

Started by funfaler, March 03, 2009, 04:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funfaler

That is right folks!

Thanks to the efforts of 'ulshop', we have our very first Appleseed location in Louisiana! 

It is May 23-24 (we may make this a 3 day event, what a way to start an Appleseed history!)

So we need some folks in the Bayou state to step up and help us promote this very first, very special event!

Special thanks to ulshop, I hope he stops by and tells everyone how easy this was  O0

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

ulshop

Louisiana's FIRST of many Appleseed weekends is a GO. This Memorial Day LA will join the RWVA nation with our very own event. With the help of Funfaler and the LA Dept. of Wildlife/Fisheries we have a range, we'll have instructors and all that is left is to get shooters to the line.

After attending Davilla in December and seeing the program in action, I wanted more. I, somewhat selfishly, wanted to get the program here locally so that I could attend every event and one day get that rifleman's patch (congrats to Don). A few e-mails, phone calls, a bit of driving around and the support of some dedicated people that want to see this happen is all it took to get this started. We were going to have an Appleseed...

But seeing the commitment that Scout and the other instructors shared that weekend made me realize that it is not about "me", it's not about the patch (still want one...) it's about sharing the Appleseed experience and getting others involved. It's about bringing new shooters to the line and getting everyone to stand up, take notice, take that extra step and get busy.

The easy part is done, we are on the schedule for May. Now comes the fun...  filling the line with shooters eager to learn. This is my "call to arms" to everyone here.....  anyone with family, friends, co-workers, classmates, casual acquaintances, etc. in Louisiana - it's time to get the word out so we can pack the range and make our first event one to remember. I have some plans here on my end but we'll need all the support we can get so that once established, Appleseed will be a longtime fixture here in Louisiana.

Thanks again to everyone here for your assistance and for supporting an amazing program.
chad

alonso1

Good job Louisiana!  O0

I read this post a few minutes ago and secured my days off from work.

Guess I'll be seeing you good people in a couple of months.

Mark

Aus5tin

Woohooo!

I'll be there for sure, and Don and I will be bringing a crew.
Alonso1, It'll be a pleasure to see you again.
Ulshop, is this gonna be at Sherburne?
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

EagleI

Great Job!

I have already signed up for an event in April, but I have some friends that I am sure will want to attend this one.

Just one question though, I do not see it in the schedule, who do I contact to sign up for this event?
"Freedom is not Free"

POP

EagleI,

New location.  It'll be up on the schedule soon I bet.

But, it would be nice to know where.
Anyone Know?

I have Grandkids in Alexandria and in LongBeach Ms.
Boy would I like to get them to a shoot.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

smle

It'll be near Sherburne, LA. And the dates aresupposed to be May 23-25.

It should be listed no later than next week.

smle
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

EagleI

Thanks smle I appreciate the info. I knew the date, but was not sure of the location.
"Freedom is not Free"

ulshop

The event will be at the State WLF range at Shurburne.

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/publicservices/shootingrange/

Its about an hour north of Lafayette, an hour west from Baton Rouge and an hour and a half south of Alexandria.... good central location, should bring in the shooters. With luck we should be able to start registering soon so we can get the word out and begin signing people up for what I hope is the first of many events in our state.

Louisiana - Sportsman's Paradise....  Rifleman's Paradise?

Rhodes

A bit confused read one notice that said a  valid LA Hunting License or Wildlife Stamp was required to participate. Others omitted this so could someone clear it up?
The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.

ulshop

License or wildlife stamp is required for those 16-60...

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/licenses/wildlastamp/

Anyone interested in meeting up at Shurburne for some practice? I've got a stack of AQT's and Redcoat targets ready to go.