News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Original AQT's from Fred

Started by BillP_556, February 02, 2020, 04:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillP_556

I purchased a new AR on Black Friday and it finally arrive last week. Decided to shoot some Appleseed today with it, and Jim/Catch-10-22 was up for joining me.  I found some original AQT's from Fred's that I purchased about a dozen years ago and Jim brought his M1 Garand to honor these AQT's properly.  After shooting the original AQT's, I really like them as the penalties aren't as great on stage 4, and give shooters more opportunities to hit the rifleman standard.  Even stage 2 and 3 I think are better with the (5) silhouettes (2-rounds each) in the same time as the Q&DAQT.

Didn't follow my own advice and shot stage 1 way too quickly :-(

Only used about 2-minutes out of the 22 minutes available for Stage 4.  Then Jim let me use his very warm Garand on the site silhouette.

Geissele SD556 with T2 (from my home defense rifle) and Retired GI Sling.

Respectfully,

BillP_556

Nashville Stage

Wow, can you imagine trying to run a modern Appleseed with a 22 minute stage 4?  ;D

Those old targets are neat to see. It's fun to look at the history of the program and the refinements that have been made over the years.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."