News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Huntsville, AL IBC, Bullet and Barrel, Jan 11-12, 2020, AAR

Started by Google, February 18, 2020, 12:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Google

Alabama started our 2020 schedule with an IBC January 11-12.  Bullet and Barrel was gracious enough to donate the use of their beautiful event room for the entire weekend.  Many thanks to the owner, Melanie, and Range Manager, Louis, for their support of the program!  B&B is an amazing combination of indoor range, gun/gear shop, event destination, and clothing/gift boutique (that's not a word you often hear associated with a gun range).

Twelve members of the AL cadre were joined by TN Beast and CarrollMS (from KY) to spend the weekend sharpening our skills.  We talked about the attributes of a good instructor and then followed that with instruction and practice sessions for the major POIs:  Verbatim Material, Sling Use, Six Steps, Positions, Talking Targets, and IMC.  Lunch sessions were dedicated to history; on Saturday we talked about the aspects of telling effective history and on Sunday we heard each person give a short presentation of a topic they had an opportunity to research and prepare.  There were also opportunities to talk about common equipment issues encountered on the line and programmatic topics like reimbursement and the Appleseed organizational structure.  One of the most popular sessions as any of our IBCs is how to coach and the opportunity to practice on a simulated firing line.  Some of those errors are tricky to find!

An IBC is a great opportunity to knock the rust off and help prepare IITs, but it is also a time of fellowship with our cadre.  This weekend was no exception and I was glad to spend it getting to know everyone a bit better.  I look forward to working with each of you in the upcoming year!

Special thanks to EddieB, Ramblin' Wreck, and Maximum Ordinate for serving on the staff and helping make this IBC top notch!  :bow:

Group photo:

AH1Tom working with his small group:

Mixed Metaphor prepping to model for Max Ord:

Maximum Ordinate holding class:

Did I mention that IBCs are fun? (Mixed Metaphor, CarrollMS, PeaceAndLove, Ramblin' Wreck)

The range dog trying to join in:

Tennessee Beast

I had an awesome time and learned a lot.  I would like to thank everyone that helped with this event. I look forward to working with you again soon. And thanks to Bullet and Barrel for their generosity. Their facility is "top-notch"! 
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Mixed Metaphor

Great job Google!!  I really enjoyed trying to "knock the rust off".  I also everyone.  It was great seeing all those that I knew and meeting CarrollMS for the first time.  Typical Appleseeders, great people. 

Thank you to everyone for showing up, especially those of you who traveled.  Thank you to Google, MO, Wreck, and EddieB for guiding us kids!  I look forward to the next event!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

CarrollMS

Thanks for an informative and enjoyable weekend Google. I really appreciated the opportunity to meet and work with fellow instructors in the great state of Alabama.
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200