News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2020 Appleseed Planning for Iowa

Started by Ames, August 31, 2019, 01:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ames

Ames Ikes is asking for 2020 dates.  I'm providing them the following:

• April 18 & 19, 2020
  • August 8 & 9, 2020

I'll add more dates here for other venues as they get figured out.

Twineagles

We should try to get back on Ankeny Ike's calendar. A spring and fall shoot at Big Springs would be a good goal.
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Twineagles

Birmingham went great they have already asked us back for next September. Wayne and I discussed a spring shoot in Bloomfield (May or June) and a fall shoot in Birmingham. There is camping at Birmingham including trailer hookups.

Mike

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Ames

I have secured the following dates with Big Spring Shooting Complex, Searsboro, IA:

• 7/11/2020 & 7/12/2020 -- 25m Event
  • 10/10/2020 & 10/11/2020 -- Public Known Distance Event

Burnett

Just for hoots and hollers...
How about a dead-of-winter event somewhere?
As in have to use a snowblower to clear the shooting lanes to the targets.
And, no, I'm not kidding.

Captain

Burnett, I don't know you . . . but I like the way you roll.  :)
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Ames

We have often talked about a Winterseed in Ames, Ia.  However, that is High School BB season and my weekends are frequently booked.  But, there may be other Iowa shoot bosses in other locations who might take this on. 

Burnett

Twineagles

Winterset could host one in Jan or Feb. Heated club house. Getting shooters is the main issue.

Mike

Ames

Burnett - how many shooters can you bring?

Burnett

Uh, one; but I'm a sh*tload of fun.  O0
I can check with a couple of other guys that live near there.
Do you guys actually have snow that far south anymore?