News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Who Can I Pick On This Week?

Started by SamD, February 09, 2009, 09:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

Well goooooleee Sgt Carter, geuss I need to look in the mirror  :-[
OK NM get moving Yancyville NC has us beat so far.

LayloPro

Owww!!!

That sounds kinda painful there, buddy......

But you already know the answer to the problem....... O0

Git 'er on!! <:)

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

SamD

I do know how to fix that Laylopro,

OK NM,
I laid the challenge on Yanceyville NC about 5 minutes ago.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5683.msg53308#msg53308
They have a 2 month head start and 5 shooters on the books already.
We are going to whip  them TarButts  good O0.

Twice the number of shooters, more riflemen and more new orange hats.   :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

LayloPro

Hmmmm, NC, huh?
Isn't that the AO of that one fella......
kind of a "funny writing" gent........
You don't suppose he's gotten so busy mailing out SB packs for April that he hasn't had time to "form up the troops" for an "in-state" shoot, do you? &)

It would be kind of embarrassing to get beat by a state with no "regular" BOTG, or are there some out there?

I'm way out here in latte-land, so I'm not real sure what it is folks back there do much of...... @@) :))

BTW, I noticed you included something about the Santa Barbara, CA whale-watching Appleseed tour on that same weekend.....well, sir, we have a whopping 30 spots on that line there, we are using it as a SBiT effort, but I'll be curious to see how it stacks up, comparatively......I do however, -know- for a fact we'll be enjoying better grub than these other two places you're talking about...... 8) ^-^
And, it will be the "best looking range", too...... **) @)
Even the fella out there in NC will have to concede that one..... O0 <:) @)

All righty, gents, let's see who can get what done, & how well.....
On your marks,...................... get set, .........................GIT 'ER DUN!!!!

LLP

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Wheeler44

Ummm....Laylo You just gotta see the place that AmbulanceDriver just set up in Oregon...If you want to talk about nice lookin ranges that is.......Ya see Oregon's ambassador, New york (New York is the ambassador for Oregon ( I guess that still isn't clear)) Got Ambulance driver hooked up with a fella that has a golf course......You know, manicured greens, 500 yd fairways, sand traps and water hazards.... and we're gonna have a shoot at the golf course...I can hear it now...All ready on the firing line....FORE.......(oh that's bad, even for me)  so maybe if you're not too busy suckin' back lattes and watchin' whales you might wanna come up do some country club type shootin'

Your ol' buddy ,

Wheeler44

Edit to add:   Oh dang it...... Our shoot is a month later.....son of a........biscuit eater
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

LayloPro

Hmmmm....now, is this a new way of doing the AQT? Rifle golf?

Since I never could hang with the bellies on the golf course, I never did  get into the "chase the little ball with the stick" stuff...... %)

New Yawk?? Ore-ee-gone? Who's on first? What's on second, What? No, he's on second......Who? No, he's on 1st......What?? **) **) **) #) %)

I don't know about coming up there....even tho' I was US Navy, water "hazards" kinda bother me.....need my Deuce to feel "secure like" & all..... @) :~
It does sound real pretty, tho'.....but I know you remember the Santa Barbara range......view can be a whole bunch of cool, all in one spot, eh? And, as per SamD, we can watch whales while prepping mags by just turning around....... ++) :)) :D

I can hear it now...All ready on the firing line....FORE

Ya know, I always thought they sounded in like, Boston.....isn't it? I'll have to check with Dwarven1...... @) **)

you might wanna come up do some country club type shootin'
I was just out in Illinois doing that with the duckies........yeah, full on pampered deal....I didn't even have to clean my borrowed shotgun...the pushers did it for me......I could get spoiled doing that some more..... ;D :D

Be careful about that "Biscuit eater"....we have a young cat out here that does re-enacting with an 1846 Enfield that Brutha Kool named "Biscuit".....and he is -not- happy with his name...... %) O0

Be good, and lets get together sometime to see what the apple tree has given your idea muse recently.......
TTYS,
LLP

bulkhead

SamD,
What are your friends going to say when you have to tell them you got whipped by a bunch of Tarbutts.   

Your friend,
Bulkhead (honorary Tarbutt) Texan by birth.

Being from Texas I still have insult rights for Oklahoma and New Mexico. 
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack

SamD

Well I just aim to see that it don't happen.
Then my friends will be saying "that lucky SOB is at it again" **)