News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bulk Ammo Order?

Started by hogfamily, September 18, 2019, 07:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfamily

My son Daniel works at a freight forwarding company here in ANC that has a shipping office in SEA. The owners are firearms enthusiasts. (They are interested in having all their employees attending an AS clinic next year)

They are willing to ship an ammo order SEA - ANC for their employees and families and AK Appleseed members at their actual shipping cost.

So I'm thinking of putting an order together. I'm going to order through Target Sports USA. Shipping to SEA is included in the cost of the ammo so the only shipping $  will be SEA - ANC. As I have a TSUAS Prime membership I will get an additional 8% discount from their prices and it does not require a minimum # of rounds. (IE you could order five boxes of one caliber). I have ordered through TSUSA numerous times and have not had any issues.

At this time I do not know the amount per pound that this is going to cost. The shipping company is working on that and will let me know. Most likely they will give us a base price subject to be less $ the more ammo that is shipped. (They would like to fill at least one pallet.) I'm guessing that over all the final cost of the ammo could be considerably less expensive than local $.

If anyone is interested please check out TSUSA for the ammo and quantity you might like and let me know. (The bulk ammo is the best deal.)

If this works out I will make one ammo order on my CC so I will require that if you order ammo I get the $ before the order is made.

For the folks that are interested we have shot quite a bit of the PPU 30.06 and PPU .30 cal carbine ammo and it works great. Also the Aguila SuperExtra .22 40grn.

With the current political climate it is quite possible ammo, especially .22cal , may become scarce again.

If this all works out I'm looking to get this done within 3-4 weeks.

Please let me know ASAP.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

FourFans

Interesting,, gotta look it up?
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

Charles McKinley

They have Lake City 7.62x51 for 50 cent a round.

If you have a Ruger Pistol Caliber Carbine grab the 147 gr Blazer Brass 9mm.  I think it is 18 cents per round.

They also have PPU M2 ball by the case.  Don't rember the price.

Love their emails

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Gus

Love the idea of this.  The Aguila Super Extra is good ammunition. Shoots well in all my .22s.  Very close to CCI Mini-Mag in quality: velocity, accuracy and reliability in my rifles.

Gus
"Mental notes aren't worth the paper they're written on" - Mark Twain

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen" - Jeff Cooper

hogfamily

I maybe able to announce that I have a source for wholesale ammo in addition to less expensive shipping.

Stay tuned.
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

ItsanSKS

Very interested.  Keep us posted.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

hogfamily

We are still working out the details.

It's looking very likely I may get access to wholesale / dealer ammo prices and reduced shipping charges.

FourFans

Very interesting for the future, but for now, I'm good.
Thanks Hog
  --FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY