News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Richmond Virginia, Lobby Day, January 20, 2020 Libertyseed AAR

Started by The Wolfhound, January 23, 2020, 12:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

How did it feel for Joseph Warren to send the "express" of Paul Revere and William "Billy" Dawes out to alert the countryside?  Would he have any idea how many would turn out? What would the world look like after he sent that alert?  I may be in the position to get a glimmer of what that is like.  A few weeks ago in coordination with Appleseed national leadership, I made a call for patriots to turn out.  I was far from the only one.  As such I can only measure my success based on the Appleseed cadre and Riflemen who came out.  The rally and events of Lobby Day at the Virginia Capitol will go down in history as one of the largest gatherings of the citizens for a political cause in the commonwealth.  Appleseed folks numbering around 50 or more were among the throng as individuals and groups.  A massive and well-armed crowd remained peaceful and focused on the rights of the people to keep and bear arms.  The politicians were certainly aware of the crowd.  Estimates run from 22,000 to over 50,000 people.  A crowd that large in a major urban area and the day netted a single arrest of a 21year old woman who was likely an agitator.  We were peaceful.  We are peaceful.  "For only those capable of great violence can be truly peaceful, anyone else is merely harmless."
I am honored and proud to be part of such a group of people as Appleseed turned out.  I am proud to be among the PEACEFUL!

Maximum Ordinate

Wolfhound, my personal thanks to you and Monkey for your leadership in this.

Sunday, I drove to Lynchburg VA with a friend (CokeGuy), got a hotel room, and was up at 3am Monday. The morning was bitterly cold.  I had five layers on.  I boarded a bus in the dark with mostly strangers and rode to Richmond.  I was deep in my own head.

If you've deployed to a combat zone, you know the feeling boarding the bus to the airfield.  There is an underlying tension in the air - fear masked with forced humor and bravado.  That's how the bus was for about 30 minutes.  It was me, too. I didn't feel the least bit brave.

After a while, the apprehension faded and the nerves eased a bit.  People started really talking to each other.  An hour into the ride, it was like everyone had been friends for years.  I was amazed.  Folks knew they weren't alone anymore and had no reason to fear, even if the potential danger was unchanged.

That feeling lasted for the entire day - a happy, vibrant feeling.  It was like being among 30,000 Appleseeders.  I wandered the crowds with my loaded Garand and people would stop to talk about their dad's M1.  Thousands of openly armed new-old friends chatting in the street. I don't know if there will ever be another gathering like this, but I hope so.

I'm honored to have attended and humbled to serve with such Patriots as we have in the program.
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Mrs. Smith

Absolutely amazing. I hope we have a fraction of that kind of turnout in Santa Fe on the 31st
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

AH1Tom

It was an awesome day. So many people from many different backgrounds just loving liberty.

CokeGuy

Thanks to all that organized and participated in Lobby Day!
I continue to be asked by many about what it was like, was there trouble, were there agitators...etc?
I enjoy reporting that other than the cold it was a beautiful day with 22,000 fellow patriots.
We often speak about our reason for Appleseed is being with like-minded people. It was exhilarating to learn there are many, many more folks out there like us.