News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Started by Jayhawker, January 22, 2020, 09:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayhawker

I seems that every Appleseed Benediction, or at least the good ones, includes something about how 14,000 colonists showed up to meet the British army on it's retreat from Concord April 19, 1775. That statement is then followed by a series of rhetorical questions asking how many people could you get to show up today.

Well Monday in Richmond, the official figure is that y'all got 22,000 people to show up, and it was a peaceful, respectful civic minded affair. Of course it was. That's what Fred's dream of a nation of riflemen is all about. 

Awesome job Virginia.

Now for the maraschino cherry on top, y'all need to find this guy, get him to a couple of Appleseeds and put a hat on him.
https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1219294854288678916

TrapperPete

I found it very sad when the Governor had been working to escalate this into a race issue and the media sell it as a white nationalist rally.
It warmed my heart to see many videos of people black and white coming together to prove the Governor and the media wrong that this was not about race that we are united with many of our fellow citizen of all race and creed.

I wish I could have been there , I thank all who were able to represent both RWVA Project Appleseed and the great citizens of this nation.

The spirit of liberty is alive in them!

I had heard 6K inside the fence 22K outside the fence.

The only arrest was a anti gun instigator shouting hateful words at those peacefully petitioning their elected representatives. The instigator trying to start fights covered her face to hide her identity and was asked 3 times through the day by police to uncover her face before being arrested.

Participants in the rally brought trash bags and picked up after themselves by several accounts leaving the capitol square cleaner than when they had arrived.

such a display of Citizenship is seldom seen at marches and demonstrations . The free people came well armed , the Men and women of liberty kept the peace while Instigators tried to get them to fight , We were kind to each other , We clearly believe all men and women are created equal. Petitioners had a good time and showed the world a Armed society is a polite and peaceful society where all are equal.

unfortunately you will likely see little to none of this on the main stream media. It does not fit the narrative they were looking for , a journalist was seen tossing a pocket of spent casings on the ground and talking pictures of them appearing to be getting ready for reporting a tragedy. The tragedy is this is the mind set of the media much to often.

Hazzah
Whoever dares to look at them as an irregular mob will find himself much mistaken,They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about!

The Wolfhound

I need to get a full count but I know of at least 25 members of the Instructor corps that made it to the event and several brought family too.  I am proud to know these folks and it is an honor to have been in the organizing of this event for VCDL, Project Appleseed and for Virginia.  Considering how many literal road blocks the administration (state and city) threw in our way, the turnout is wonderful.  Some estimates far exceed the police count most sources are using.  Sending messages to the legislators IS what Appleseed teaches.  Several kinds of messages were sent on Monday, some by the masses and some by individuals directly lobbying their Delegates and Senators.  The folks represented well and Appleseed played a part.

Monkey

Quote from: The Wolfhound on January 22, 2020, 03:19:40 PM
I need to get a full count but I know of at least 25 members of the Instructor corps that made it to the event and several brought family too.  I am proud to know these folks and it is an honor to have been in the organizing of this event for VCDL, Project Appleseed and for Virginia.  Considering how many literal road blocks the administration (state and city) threw in our way, the turnout is wonderful.  Some estimates far exceed the police count most sources are using.  Sending messages to the legislators IS what Appleseed teaches.  Several kinds of messages were sent on Monday, some by the masses and some by individuals directly lobbying their Delegates and Senators.  The folks represented well and Appleseed played a part.

Group photo at the back end of the event. I know that wasn't everybody there, though...
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

The Wolfhound

Here is a quick view of what the day was like on the ground.  This was shot early in the day BEFORE it go crowded.  It was done by one of the guys from my old radio station.
https://newsradiowrva.radio.com/articles/local/lobby-day-rally-richmond