News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Who else keeps their PR framed?

Started by TxRebel, January 21, 2020, 06:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TxRebel

Finally got my Distinguished patch.   Figured I would frame the AQT and keep it until I shoot a new PR.

Who else keeps their PR?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

Snow Snake

NICE.....Good on you.          :beer:
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: TxRebel on January 21, 2020, 06:09:44 PM
Finally got my Distinguished patch.   Figured I would frame the AQT and keep it until I shoot a new PR.

Who else keeps their PR?

Dan!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you're back!  :1luvu. I missed you, brother!

Congrats on your distinguished  ;)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

WhitePaladin

This man shoots well.  I have witnessed it personally.  I want him on my side should I ever find myself in a war. 

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: WhitePaladin on January 21, 2020, 09:45:25 PM
This man shoots well.  I have witnessed it personally.  I want him on my side should I ever find myself in a war.

That he does. The ONLY reason I beat him to Distinguished is because he was on a hiatus  ;D
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

AF5US

Dan cheats.  He has talent and experience  ;D
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Mrs. Smith

scuzzy

Quote from: AF5US on January 21, 2020, 10:25:46 PM
Dan cheats.  He has talent and experience  ;D

Yeah - I could've swore I saw him poking some holes in the V Ring when he thought nobody was looking.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Monkey

I keep it around, but don't frame it.

However, I have a couple cleared Redcoats that I'm about to post in my office, for passive 7th Stepping.

Working on a new personal goal - Rapid Fire Redcoat:  Clearing it in 65 seconds or less.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Monkey on January 22, 2020, 09:46:11 AM
I keep it around, but don't frame it.

However, I have a couple cleared Redcoats that I'm about to post in my office, for passive 7th Stepping.

Working on a new personal goal - Rapid Fire Redcoat:  Clearing it in 65 seconds or less.

Oh fun!

B.C.

I give these out as prizes for high score when we have instructor only events here in Florida......
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Nashville Stage

What's a PR?

As for framing, here's a neat one that I saw. It's not mine, but I like the idea.

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

TimOren

Quote from: Monkey on January 22, 2020, 09:46:11 AM

Like!  My wife (American Amazon) and I have been doing a '3 position redcoat', shooting the silhouettes in the corresponding AQT positions, which makes it a bit more challenging (just have to prep extra mags so we transition empty).  We'll give the 'rapid fire' a try as well.

Jerry Hall

I stapled mine to the wall in my garage, where I stack the newest on top of the others...
Jerry
PS: I really like some of the presentations of our paraphernalia!  :F
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Tennessee Beast

Quote from: Nashville Stage on January 22, 2020, 01:19:32 PM
What's a PR?

Given the context, my guess is "personal record".  IOW, your highest score ever.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

TxRebel

Quote from: B.C. on January 22, 2020, 10:31:12 AM
I give these out as prizes for high score when we have instructor only events here in Florida......

Those look cool.

Very glad to be back.  Hoping to see yall on the line soon
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: Tennessee Beast on January 22, 2020, 06:58:12 PM
Quote from: Nashville Stage on January 22, 2020, 01:19:32 PM
What's a PR?

Given the context, my guess is "personal record".  IOW, your highest score ever.

Yep.  I call them "refrigerator targets".  The ones you want to hang on the fridge when you get home after a shoot.

Once you've shot a Rifleman score, it's time to start teaching others the tradition of American riflery to advance Liberty.  The goal is to expand the Mission and return America to a Nation of Rifleman again.

v/r
MO

P.S.  It's good for every volunteer to requalify annually... preferably at full distance.  We need to practice what we preach!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Bobasan

I didn't keep an AQT but I did frame a "team" target from 2nd event that I and my two compadres, CatDoc and Bloodshot attended.  Target means more to me than pretty much all my personal trophies from over the years.

Bobasan
What goes around comes around and sometimes, for good or ill, I am what is coming around.

Quinncannon

Nashville Stage, I've seen the same display on Rimfirecentral.com. I believe a high scored target is worthy of framing, I have plans to have mine framed as well. After all, it took a lot of practice and rounds expended to get there.

KD is an every week thing for me, I'm fortunate to have an E-target system to practice on.
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

Adam

My girlfriend snuck my first rifleman target away and had it framed for my birthday some years back.
Now I need to hint at my distinguished target.  ;D

-Adam

Nashville Stage

In a related side note, I've started scoring AQTs with a mechanical pencil instead of a pen or marker.
1: This helps when I make mistakes in scoring or addition.  ;)
2: If the student decides to frame the AQT, the scribbles can be erased so it looks nice & clean.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Rychek

My wife framed my target after achieving rifleman at my first event. 

I'm sure she'll want to do the same when I manage to qualify at a KD event as well (who knows when that'll be).

Sheepdog87

These look great. Now I'll have to "shell" (pun intended) out to frame mine. Thanks guys  :boohoo:
--ARW
Morgan's Shingle and Redcoats Cleared 07 MAR 2020
Rifleman 07 MAR 2020
Distinguished Optics 08 MAR 2020
Winterseed 23 JAN 2021

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
-1 Corinthians 10:31