News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virginia Lobby Day - Consolidated Info Thread

Started by Monkey, January 15, 2020, 10:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkey

Team,

First:  To those instructors and supporters traveling to Richmond on Monday, on behalf of the Project Appleseed cadre in the Commonwealth of Virginia, as well as the hundreds of thousands of residents and over 100 counties and municipalities that are aligned with our cause -- thank you for deciding to join us during our civic engagement event.

In an attempt to consolidate important conversations, as well as distribution important information from VCDL regarding the Lobby Day event on January 20, I've scraped together everything I know and have seen regarding the event and distilled it below.

Request any further coordination questions and recommendations be posted to this thread.

On January 20, Project Appleseed (AS) instructors and supporters will join the AS Virginia cadre, along with potentially thousands of others, to provide support the VCDL-led effort to lobby against a significant amount of gun control legislation.   After a morning of lobbying and interacting with like-minded people, the event will culminate with a rally hosted by VCDL, a LibertySeed event, and then an optional meet-up afterwards.

The desired end state: AS instructors, supporters, and alumni gather in Richmond, show support for citizens of the Commonwealth, depart safely without incident, and leave a positive impression in all interactions.

Game Day Execution:

Lobby Day has a process:
Gather,
Assemble,
Enter,
Lobby,
Exit,
Rally

Gather

- Maps:  Two maps of the general area are attached to this post (courtesy of The Wolfhound).

- Travel:  AS individuals and groups will arrive in Richmond utilizing various modes of transportation.  Most will take busses chartered by organizations supporting the VCDL mission.  Others will operate Privately Owned Vehicles (POVs) and attempt to park.  Things to note, if travelling POV:

- Parking: If you are coming by car, there will be a satellite parking area at the Diamond located at 3001 N Arthur Ashe Blvd, Richmond, VA 23230. The entrance to the parking lot is round the corner on Robin Hood Road. VCDL will be running shuttle buses from the Diamond to 9th and Broad Streets from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. Shuttle bus and parking are free, but if you want to make a donation to help cover the cost you can donate online by going to vcdl.org/donate. Street parking and local private garages will fill up quickly and we are trying to keep the traffic congestion around the area as low as possible.  Additional info on parking may be found here:

Richmond Parking Document

- Street Closings:  Broad Street will be restricted to one lane in each direction from 14th Street to 7th Street and will be closed at from time to time for pedestrian traffic. 9th Street will be closed to vehicle traffic from Cary Street to Broad Street. Main Street will be closed from 14th Street to 9th Street. Franklin and Grace Streets between 8th and 9th. Bank Street will be closed as well. These street closures will be in effect from 7:00 am until approximately 4:00 pm.

Assemble:

- If you intend to Lobby with VCDL:  Teams will begin forming at 8:00 am and start entering the General Assembly Building right away. ARRIVE EARLY IF YOU INTEND TO LOBBY! VCDL teams will meet at or near 10th and Bank Streets, form groups and move down 10th Street to Main to enter the building. Team Leaders will likely have orange VCDL clipboards and will be wearing high visibility vests. Seek them out as soon as you arrive and try to get on a team. Most team leaders will have a list of the Delegates and Senators with whom they will be meeting. However, if you can't find a team with YOUR Delegate or Senator, we encourage you to join a team anyway, as things are likely to be crowded.  Some Team Leaders are posting their Senator and Delegate assignments on Facebook.  You can hook up with them in the VCDL Group.

- If you don't intend to lobby:  Enjoy the day.  Lots of like-minded folks, but to be sure, there are others that aren't - others looking to provoke or otherwise cast pro-2A supporters in a not-so-kind light.  Plenty of opportunities to spread the Appleseed message.  I am working with The Wolfhound to identify a "Rally Point" where we can expect to have a stationary presence in the morning.  More to follow very soon.

Enter:

- EXPECT LONG LINES:  There will be a large turnout. Not everyone will fit in the building at once. When the capacity is reached, entry into the building will be halted until people leave. Please visit your assigned offices and perhaps your own Senator's and Delegate's offices and then exit the building so others can enter. Patience is essential. If you have trouble standing for extended periods consider bringing a folding chair. WE HAVE BEEN TOLD BY CPD AND DGS THAT THERE WILL BE NO SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS FOR HANDICAP ENTRY INTO THE BUILDING.

- Everyone who enters their building will pass through security and be wanded.  Last year with a turnout of about 2000 people lobbying their issues (maybe 6-700 were VCDL) it took over an hour to get through security and into the building at the peak.  The security detail (Virginia Capitol Police) has historically been pleasant and professional but will be under additional stress due to numbers.  Do not add to their stress.

Of note (as some have asked),  I am not aware of any restriction with respect to out of state personnel joining VCDL lobbying efforts inside the General Assembly Building.

Lobby:
- If you are lobbying with VCDL, present to the legislator or their staff (the Aide is preferred) a copy of VCDL's agenda.  The printed agenda lists all submitted bills that can or do relate to firearms and firearms rights for the current session, gives a synopsis of what the bill will do or not do, and VCDL's stance on the bill (Strongly in Favor, In Favor, Neutral, Opposed, Strongly Opposed), all in a single easy to use document. This document is usually available online a day or two ahead of time for your opportunity to read and interpret.

Exit: Self-explanatory.  If you braved the lines and wait times and engaged in the elected officials, this is your time to position yourself for the rally that's expected to start at 1100. 

Rally: Unlike previous years, VCDL has been granted permission to rally on the Capitol steps this year.  The official VCDL rally begins at 11AM and ends at noon.  The speaker list is worth hearing.  This year's list includes:

Dick Heller â€"landmark U.S. Supreme Court case of DC v. Heller
Stephen Willeford -- the hero of Sutherland Springs, Texas (Repelled Church Attack)
Cam Edwards â€" Bearing Arms and host of the Cam & Co Youtube channel
Jeff Katzâ€"Talkshow host on Richmond's radio station WRVA
Dr. Veronica Slootzsky, a psychiatrist in Northern Virginia
Senator Amanda Chaseâ€"Virginia State Senator, R-11, an outspoken proponent of 2A

- LibertySeed:  On top of the events of the morning, we are finalizing the details on a LibertySeed event to be held sometime late morning - more details to follow soon on time and location.  IF YOU INTEND TO COME TO RICHMOND, PLEASE SIGN UP FOR THE LIBERTYSEED SO WE HAVE A SENSE OF WHO'S COMING.

Post Rally:  If you took a bus charted by VCDL, expect those busses to leave at 1400.  Feel free to mingle, engage, and 7th Step.  If you are able to attend, The Wolfhound was able to set aside some space at a restaurant a few miles down the road from the downtown Richmond area, just off of Interstate 64.

Mission BBQ
5440 Glenside Drive
Henrico, Va. 23228

Please PM The Wolfhound if you wish to attend, in order to give him a sense of how many people will be able to partake.

Important Admin/Logistics:

Firearms:

Virginia is an open carry state, no permit is required to openly carry a firearm (for now).

Virginia recognizes all other state's concealed carry permits (for now).

Certain cities and counties in Virginia have limitations on magazine size of carried firearms.  Richmond, where the Capitol is, is one such.  The limit is a capacity of more than 20 rounds is "not allowed".  A "Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit" preempts this restriction.  For out of state folks, leave the larger capacity magazines at home for your own legal safety.

The Virginia Governor, some years ago, made carry of firearms into state run buildings INCLUDING REST AREA BUILDINGS illegal by executive order. (Virginia being an ABC state, this also included liquor stores.) Do not enter state buildings carrying.

More from VCDL on firearms carry:  As of this moment, carry is prohibited inside the General Assembly (GA) Building and the Capitol. For this reason we suggest that if you intend to go inside to lobby you should leave your firearm at home, in your hotel room, or out-of-sight in your locked vehicle. DO NOT LEAVE AN UNSECURED GUN IN AN UNLOCKED CAR! There have been multiple firearms stolen out of vehicles lately. DO NOT HANDLE A LOADED FIREARM. VCDL's firearm safety policy at all VCDL-sponsored meetings, events, or gatherings has always been that loaded firearms shall NOT be handled; they will remain holstered or otherwise secured at all times.  Don't ask someone to hold your gun while you go in the building. We suggest that if you are lobbying and come unarmed that you travel in groups with a DD...Designated Defender. This person volunteers to stay outside while the others go in and make our voices heard. As an alternative, you can use a fanny pack type holster which can be taken off and handed to your companion for safe keeping while you go into the building. AGAIN, DO NOT TAKE THE FIREARM OUT OF ITS HOLSTER.

Update  Jan 15:  Open source reporting indicates that the Governor will enact a "Temporary Emergency" and ban firearms from the Capitol Grounds proper.  I will update this post as more information is released.

Interactions with Media and Others:

- It is near certainty that there will be individuals or groups attending that do not align with our message or do not friendly to our presence, in general, to include provocateurs trying to induce a non-favorable reaction.  VCDL's guidance below has it pretty well covered.

- [From VCDL] There have been many rumors, videos, and articles flying around the internet. We (VCDL) cannot stress enough that this is a peaceful day to address our Legislature. Yes, we hold a rally, but the point of the day is communication with our Representatives. To our knowledge, there are no credible threats of violence. That being said, please practice appropriate situational awareness. IF YOU SEE A BAD ACTOR flag down a police officer and point it out. If someone tries to provoke you, smile and walk away. There is probably someone secretly recording the interaction, with the intent of capturing some kind of inappropriate reaction on your part.  Don't take the bait. It's not worth the bad press. The eyes of the nation and the world are on Virginia and VCDL right now and we must show them that gun owners are not the problem. Lead by example.  We have been and continue to be in close contact with several law enforcement agencies and will keep them informed of all potential threats that we become aware of.  Law enforcement will be in abundance at the event, both uniformed and plain clothes.

- All Appleseed Guidelines apply here, if you are representing Project Appleseed in any way, shape, or form.  Remember that Project Appleseed is a friend to all.  If ANY media approaches you (to include YouTube content creators, local news stations, etc), please emphasize that you are speaking on behalf of yourself.  If the media rep in question asks you to speak on behalf of Project Appleseed, refer those individuals to Maximum Ordinate (who will be on station) or Malabar (via contact info).

Be polite. Be friendly. Do not give provocation but stand firm. There will be provocateurs. Remember "the Press" is no friend to gun rights; anything they hear will likely be twisted.

- Monkey and Missus Monkey will be staying overnight Sunday just down the street, and will be bringing with them:
Project Appleseed Tri-folds
Water bottles
Hand Warmers
Whatever else they can tote a few blocks to support Appleseeders

Food:  There have been some food truck vendors who have indicated that they will be nearby. There are restaurants in the vicinity as well. However, with this many people in the area there will be long lines. It is advisable to bring snacks or sandwiches. VCDL will post an alert soon if there are any prohibited items. We are waiting for advice from Richmond PD and Capitol PD.  There will be several restaurants open in the area, but given the expected turnout, there may be long lines or waits.  Recommend you carry snacks to sustain you through the morning.

Restrooms:  If you pass security and enter the building, there are numerous restrooms on each floor.  There are no restrooms on Capitol grounds readily accessible to the public.  Other state buildings are likely closed for the holiday.  Plan accordingly. This event blocks out at least 4 hours from "Gather" to the end of "Rally".  If you do not enter the public buildings, expect a limited number of porta-johns; unknown at this time what the number and location will be.  Of note:  a Boots-On-Ground report from the NRA rally on Monday, 1/13, indicated there were upwards of 15 porta-johns.  Recommend bringing a small bottle of hand sanitizer as well.

Communications:

- [Hat Tip to Thaddeus] It'll be very important to have a way to communicate with each other during the fluid events of the morning, to provide coordination and emergent info.  To that end, I recommend that a) you have a method to charge your phone while mobile (i.e. a rechargeable battery and associated charger and b) we follow Thaddeus's recommendation that we install the Signal app on our smartphones.  I'll be installing tonight (1/14) and will provide additional details via this thread with amplifying info.

Update:  If you install Signal on your phone, contact Thaddeus via PM to add you to an already existing group for this event.

Lastly, please find a special edition VCDL's news letter, The Defender, that re-iterates much of the information above, as well as provides maps and other info.

I will update this post periodically as more information becomes available.

"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Monkey

Updated to add Post-Rally restaurant meet-up information.

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Lomshek

I know arfcom gets lots of smirks because of the level of clownplay tolerated there but there is a very serious contingent of leaders organizing a sizable group (possibly 1000+) to do a peaceful demonstration in full kit.

Here's a quote from one of the arfcom organizers after scouting out the capital grounds during Monday's committee day.
QuoteOriginally Posted By BlackFox:
I spent about 20 minutes talking to the heads of the Capital PD this morning, and want to pass along some notes.  I recognized two senior officers, and told them I was coming with a large group on Monday - and wanted to talk about how we can better coordinate with them.  One of them was a politician, the other less so. 

I told them we were coming in full gear, and wanted to see if they had any requests (about where to stage, etc.).  They didn't. 

They told us to make sure we brought food and water, and when I asked about bathrooms - they said there would be 15 port-a-potties set up (for 100,000 people? ).  The nicer of the two talked about "you might be surprised how many people are on your side of this."  The other was polite, but guarded. 

Today there were 4 or more Virginia State Police at every entrance to the capital grounds.  There were dog handlers, and all the LE around me stopped whatever they were doing every time a radio lit up.  They were definitely a little on edge.  With that said, I didn't see anyone in armor or really geared up.  By the way, I walked the entire area and then 1 block out and then 2 blocks out. 

The EMS people were staged exactly where we expected.  If anyone else was out, they were very discrete.  Anyway, I asked them directly about whether we should expect the new governor and his cronies to suppress our demonstration, and they both looked a bit uncomfortable.  I told them that we came in peace, and insist that we be given the opportunity to visibly and peacefully assemble at the Capital (not 2 blocks away). 

The more political one stated that he would not reveal any security measures they had prepared for next week, but that we should watch the news Friday - where new rules will be announced.  He stated we all needed to come prepared to follow these rules, and that any bad behavior would not help our cause. 

There was a comment made at one point along the lines of "we don't want to arrest everyone that shows up on Monday."  I told them "If our right to peacefully assemble at the Capital is denied, I don't think that's going to go over very well.  This isn't a threat from me, but I feel very strongly there are people who won't tolerate that."  They looked uncomfortable.

My personal opinion - they're going to close the entire grounds to anyone armed.  They stated the roads were the purview of the Richmond PD, but the capital grounds were under the direction of the Governor, and he could absolutely establish new rules there.  Again, he insisted we watch the news and come prepared to follow the rules that would be announced this Friday.  It's clear they're not only ramming through these laws ASAP this week, I firmly believe they will try to deflate our cause next week - and push our rally back to a distance where our cause is diminished.

The arfcom organizers include some SF people as well as entertainment industry producers and comms guys.

For comms it would be a good idea to also tie into their nets as well as keep an Appleseed group net.  Just being tuned into the net of a larger group will help with knowing what's going on before you can see it at your location.

Arfcom alternate comm discussion using the Telegram and Bridgefy apps
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/f_1/5-2286733/?

Arfcom ham discussion about comms Jan 20th.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoors/-/22-695747/?

Here's the primary discussion thread on arfcom.  The original post is the presentation before the Fairfax County BOS from a Marine Reservist and Fed LEO (and Arfcom member) about becoming a sanctuary county.  If you haven't seen it watch the video!
As big as the thread is you'd be better off to just read the last 5 pages to catch up after reading the original post.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Virginia-There-s-Battle-Lines-Being-Drawn/5-2278351/?

Last is a petition for sanctuary counties to invoke a clause in the state constitution and call up the county militias as an end run around the laws and to give standing to a court challenge of the various proposed bans. 
If you're a Virginia resident you should get involved with this movement.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/f_1/5-2287825/?

Hope all that cross forum posting is allowed.  Knowing what a larger group is planning, whether you are next to them or just in the same square mile, will help with big picture knowledge.

Monkey

Quote from: Lomshek on January 15, 2020, 02:00:26 PM
I know arfcom gets lots of smirks because of the level of clownplay tolerated there but there is a very serious contingent of leaders organizing a sizable group (possibly 1000+) to do a peaceful demonstration in full kit.

Here's a quote from one of the arfcom organizers after scouting out the capital grounds during Monday's committee day.
QuoteOriginally Posted By BlackFox:
I spent about 20 minutes talking to the heads of the Capital PD this morning, and want to pass along some notes.  I recognized two senior officers, and told them I was coming with a large group on Monday - and wanted to talk about how we can better coordinate with them.  One of them was a politician, the other less so. 

I told them we were coming in full gear, and wanted to see if they had any requests (about where to stage, etc.).  They didn't. 

They told us to make sure we brought food and water, and when I asked about bathrooms - they said there would be 15 port-a-potties set up (for 100,000 people? ).  The nicer of the two talked about "you might be surprised how many people are on your side of this."  The other was polite, but guarded. 

Today there were 4 or more Virginia State Police at every entrance to the capital grounds.  There were dog handlers, and all the LE around me stopped whatever they were doing every time a radio lit up.  They were definitely a little on edge.  With that said, I didn't see anyone in armor or really geared up.  By the way, I walked the entire area and then 1 block out and then 2 blocks out. 

The EMS people were staged exactly where we expected.  If anyone else was out, they were very discrete.  Anyway, I asked them directly about whether we should expect the new governor and his cronies to suppress our demonstration, and they both looked a bit uncomfortable.  I told them that we came in peace, and insist that we be given the opportunity to visibly and peacefully assemble at the Capital (not 2 blocks away). 

The more political one stated that he would not reveal any security measures they had prepared for next week, but that we should watch the news Friday - where new rules will be announced.  He stated we all needed to come prepared to follow these rules, and that any bad behavior would not help our cause. 

There was a comment made at one point along the lines of "we don't want to arrest everyone that shows up on Monday."  I told them "If our right to peacefully assemble at the Capital is denied, I don't think that's going to go over very well.  This isn't a threat from me, but I feel very strongly there are people who won't tolerate that."  They looked uncomfortable.

My personal opinion - they're going to close the entire grounds to anyone armed.  They stated the roads were the purview of the Richmond PD, but the capital grounds were under the direction of the Governor, and he could absolutely establish new rules there.  Again, he insisted we watch the news and come prepared to follow the rules that would be announced this Friday.  It's clear they're not only ramming through these laws ASAP this week, I firmly believe they will try to deflate our cause next week - and push our rally back to a distance where our cause is diminished.

The arfcom organizers include some SF people as well as entertainment industry producers and comms guys.

For comms it would be a good idea to also tie into their nets as well as keep an Appleseed group net.  Just being tuned into the net of a larger group will help with knowing what's going on before you can see it at your location.

Arfcom alternate comm discussion using the Telegram and Bridgefy apps
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/f_1/5-2286733/?

Arfcom ham discussion about comms Jan 20th.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoors/-/22-695747/?

Here's the primary discussion thread on arfcom.  The original post is the presentation before the Fairfax County BOS from a Marine Reservist and Fed LEO (and Arfcom member) about becoming a sanctuary county.  If you haven't seen it watch the video!
As big as the thread is you'd be better off to just read the last 5 pages to catch up after reading the original post.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Virginia-There-s-Battle-Lines-Being-Drawn/5-2278351/?

Last is a petition for sanctuary counties to invoke a clause in the state constitution and call up the county militias as an end run around the laws and to give standing to a court challenge of the various proposed bans. 
If you're a Virginia resident you should get involved with this movement.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/f_1/5-2287825/?

Hope all that cross forum posting is allowed.  Knowing what a larger group is planning, whether you are next to them or just in the same square mile, will help with big picture knowledge.

Thanks Lomshek - I was tracking this info, esp. as this exact verbiage is making its rounds through the social media space.  This will help add to SA.

― Hyman G. Rickover

Lomshek

With the potential toilet disaster (which looks like an intentional act) one would be wise to cut back the volume of food eaten Saturday and Sunday to make a protest poop less likely.  I'd go so far as to reduce fluid intake to try and slow bladder filling.

If they actually only supply 15 toilets it'll be a literal $41t storm. 

The Wolfhound

Governor Northam declares emergency.  Capitol grounds to be locked down Friday through Tuesday.  Entry only through check points with no weapons of any kind allowed.  For everyone's safety!  He claims actual threats!  Its a damn shame there is no sarcasm emoji.  Expect delays and other harassments.  Do not back down.  We are there to lobby and we shall not be stopped.  Terrify the politicians with thousands, many thousands of peaceful unarmed lobbyists.  Let our numbers alone cause these babies to fill their collective diapers.  We need no other tools.  The guys in full battle rattle will not be allowed in, so the story will be the peaceful exercise of our rights to advise the legislature of our wishes in unprecedented numbers.  Let's have so many people that the block shuts down.  Do not block anything off, just have too many people for anyone to be able to move. Our benevolent overlords I mean elected legislature, will have to pass through a wall of humanity to get into their building.  Turn out patriot, turn out!

cornhskr

Screw the guv.  I truly hope the events in VA are the vanguard to start taking our country back.  Shall not be infringed.

Monkey

Update to attach maps, courtesy of The Wolfhound.

― Hyman G. Rickover

Guntuckian

<s>Virginia rescended reciprocity for handgun permits with 25 states today, including Florida.  Since Florida requires reciprocity to honor other state's permits, this means Virginians with CCW permits no longer have an option to carry in Florida.  Effective date is February 1st.  The tyranny continues.</s>

Two stories published this morning at the Washington Post and at Fox News have been pulled.  They apparently "jumped the gun", and jumped to "concussions."  The rollback to the 2015 Law was apparently garbled. 

There is a bill, newly introduced, however, that would roll back reciprocity to the proposed 2015 state of affairs, that would be the same as what appeared in this morning's stories.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20200114/virginia-bill-filed-to-eliminate-right-to-carry-permit-reciprocity

The road to tyranny is still being built.
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

BrotherPilot

Jay
VA State Coordinator
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."  ―Samuel Adams

RangerRick-VA

Quote from: Guntuckian on January 17, 2020, 05:22:52 PM
<s>Virginia rescended reciprocity for handgun permits with 25 states today, including Florida.  Since Florida requires reciprocity to honor other state's permits, this means Virginians with CCW permits no longer have an option to carry in Florida.  Effective date is February 1st.  The tyranny continues.</s>

Two stories published this morning at the Washington Post and at Fox News have been pulled.  They apparently "jumped the gun", and jumped to "concussions."  The rollback to the 2015 Law was apparently garbled. 

There is a bill, newly introduced, however, that would roll back reciprocity to the proposed 2015 state of affairs, that would be the same as what appeared in this morning's stories.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20200114/virginia-bill-filed-to-eliminate-right-to-carry-permit-reciprocity

WHAT! Why? What is the point? Their hasn't been big problems with CHP in state or out of state. Totally uncalled for. CHP holders are the most law abiding citizens in the US. Year after year, even more then law enforcement. Total BS. They seem to just be antagonizing lawful CHP & firearm owners. Like their hoping someone does something, so they have a reason to do more. A few criminals shouldn't effect millions. This kind of garbage isn't applied to any other constitutional right. Always the 2nd. Where is the media? FOX has been the only one mentioning anything about ALL of this nonsense.
That FB post from state senator Chase was very telling & makes Mon even sketchier & honestly scary. smh

Snow Snake

To all traveling to Richmond on Monday, I want to thank you for stepping up on behalf of all of us.I wish I could be there with you.
I don't need to remind you that this event is going to be dynamic,fluid and full of opportunities.
  Serve our mission best by being careful,smart and safe.                 :F
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

FiremanBob

We'll be praying for you all to be safe there.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

The Wolfhound

Quote from: RangerRick-VA on January 18, 2020, 03:22:55 AM
Quote from: Guntuckian on January 17, 2020, 05:22:52 PM

WHAT! Why? What is the point? Their hasn't been big problems with CHP in state or out of state. Totally uncalled for. CHP holders are the most law abiding citizens in the US. Year after year, even more then law enforcement. Total BS. They seem to just be antagonizing lawful CHP & firearm owners. Like their hoping someone does something, so they have a reason to do more. A few criminals shouldn't effect millions. This kind of garbage isn't applied to any other constitutional right. Always the 2nd. Where is the media? FOX has been the only one mentioning anything about ALL of this nonsense.
That FB post from state senator Chase was very telling & makes Mon even sketchier & honestly scary. smh
The reciprocity agreement is still in place.  The article says so if you read into it.  It is at risk from proposed legislation.

Rick, you seem to not grasp what is going on here.
They fear and hate your guns.
They hate you.
They want you dead because you are a threat to their goals.
Complications for YOU are not their concern as they value neither you nor your rights.