News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Thread -- Carroll Winterseed 1/18&19, 2020

Started by Corvette, January 13, 2020, 10:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Hello Ohio AS,

Happy New Year to all.  We are blessed to start 2020 with a sold out Winterseed this coming weekend at Central Ohio Coon Hunters in Carroll, Ohio.  Thanks to a Boy Scout troop from northern Ohio, we have a sold out event.  We will have 25 shooters on the line and 16 of them are with the Scout group.  They will be camping on site and sleeping in the clubhouse for the weekend.  I plan an staying with them on site and talking our founding throughout the weekend.   

However, they are going to need our help with equipment.  They are going to need 7 loaner rifles and shooting mats and an additional 5 GI loop slings for the event.  They are bringing eyes, ears and ammo. 

I can cover four of the loaner rifles and three of the mats.  Need the instructors working the event to help out with the rest.   

Looking forward to starting 2020 on a high note with this group.  See many of you there. Will pass out assignments in supporting post.  If any of the instructors want to complete a PC, let me know so I can make the assignment accordingly.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cadence

I'll bring my 2 loaners and 2 mats.

Do you need help setting up on Friday? PM me and let me know.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

HammBone

I'll bring 1 loaner 10/22 and 1 mat. I might have an extra sling, too. Will check.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Corvette

Thanks all, that gets us to the 7 rifles we need and close on mats.  Much appreciated. 

Corvettte
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cactus Jack

1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

Meadow

I will have 10/22 and mat also. along with a sling.

wetsight

I plan to be there Saturday and at least the second half of Sunday and will bring a loaner rifle with sling, and mat. I live fairly close to the range, so if there are any last minute needs, I may be able to help with those.
Looking forward to seeing my Appleseed friends!

Corvette

Ok, its getting closer. 

I am truely excited.  A sold out shoot with 10+ youth.  Huzzah.  So for everybody's info.  The Boy Scout troop coming is 16 shooters.  Six adults and 10 kids.  They are coming Friday night and are bunking in the clubhouse.  I am planning on camping at the range but I plan to sleep either in my van or in a tent.  The clubhouse will be crowded. 

So besides me, who, if anyone, is planning on staying at the range?  I need to know so I know what to plan for instructor b-fast. 

Instructor meeting will be 7:30 AM Sat and Sun around the clubhouse. 

I would like to have Black_Bird, Camo Cowboy, and J Madison consider completing your PC1's this weekend.  Go to TIPs and to the IIT tab.  In the IIT0 section is the PC you need to complete prior to this weekend to move to IIT1. Let me know if you plan to do your PC1's this weekend and bring the completed PC with you Saturday. 

Wetsight, if you want to do your PC2, let me know and I will make sure that you are the Line Boss for part of the weekend.  Study your Line Commands if you want to go for it.   

Assignments:
Friday night:
Rifle orientation for youth shooters: Corvette

Saturday:
Welcome and safety brief:  Corvette
Intro to line commands: Hammbone
Intro to Red Coat: Hammbone
Steady hold in prone: Hammbone
Six steps: Hammbone
NPOA: Hammbone
IMC: Corvette
Lunch-First Strike: Cadence
Steady hold seated: Cadence
Steady hold standing: Cadence
Afternoon break-Second Strike: Cadence
Practice AQT: Cadence
Third Strike & Call to action: Corvette

Cleaning clinic with youth shooters in clubhouse after line breakdown and while they prep their dinner: Cadence/Hammbone/Corvette

Sunday:
Safety and POI rebrief: Hammbone
NPOA drills: Corvette
Flag history: Corvette (throughout the day)
Flintlock demonstrations: Wetsight, Cadence, Cactus Jack (It would be great for the kids if they got a demonstration of flintlocks being fired in battery at some point on Sunday-we can work out details Saturday. Cadence, if you want to participate, please bring your Brown Bess and equipment)
M1 Demonstration: Corvette (Optional if time permits, I will bring M1 and ammo. You all are welcome to as well and we can get multiple rifles on line and let folks run some rounds down range.)
DOMs:  Who else wants to step up for a DOM? Wetsight? Cactus Jack?

All of these assignments are negotiable, let me know what changes that you want. 

I think this will be a special weekend, looking forward to seeing all of you. 

Corvette

Meadow

This is Meadow ( Al Field).  I will be coming to help as a blue hat and learn.
  I will be in town on Friday and would like to help where needed. Let me know what time you need help, driving in from Toledo
I booked hotel in Canal Winchester, to early to get the motor home out.
  You can send me email if you wish.  I believe you were going to get me in the system for blue hat but have not heard if you had made that happen.

HammBone

I am planning to drive up early on Saturday morning and will be there for the instructor briefing. Staying at the same hotel as Al, but only one night since the range is just two hours from me.

The assignments are good with me.

Have not been to Carroll. Is any of the equipment or shooting area covered? Since it is supposed to rain on Saturday, I can bring a pop-up if necessary.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Corvette

Hammbone/All,

I am working with Cactus Jack to see if we can set up the firing line under cover of the shoot house.  I just don't remember if the shooting stations are moveable enough to set up the firing line under cover.  Will post an update on our plan after I talk with CJ. 

Meadow,
I think we are good. You should have your blue hat coming, I coordinated with National Supply. If you don't get it by this weekend, I have one for you to use.  We will talk more this weekend.  We are planning on meeting at the range at 5PM Friday for setup and prep.  See you there.

Corvette

Cadence

I have a brand new, shiny, un-issued Blue hat that I will bring with me that he is more than welcome to have.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

goodoldfriend

Work has been all consuming lately so I have not been as active on the board.
I cannot make this one. :(
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Corvette

Ok, who besides me is planning on camping at the range this weekend.  I have talked to the Boy Scout group leader and those of us that are camping have the option to piggy back on their breakfasts Sat and Sun.  I told them to expect 3 of us, me, Cadence, J Madison (just my guess).  If anyone else is planning on camping, please let me know. 

I am bringing some extra eggs, donuts and OJ for the Scouts to cover our breakfast. 

We will be setting the firing line under the shoot house instead of out in the grass since it is suppose to rain all day saturday. bring your woolies and any extra rain ponchos that you may have laying around.  I suspect there will be some shooters that will need them.  I have three extra ponchos that I will be bringing. 

Looking forward to a great event and a great kickoff to the 2020 trail.

Corvette

Cadence

I'll be staying at my son's house in Pickerington for the weekend and there is a McDonalds on the way for me to catch some breakfast.
~ Samuel Adams