News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virginia State Capitol Roadtrip - Jan 20th 2020

Started by T. WOLF, December 27, 2019, 07:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

I've been doing some soul-searching and I think I need to be present in Richmond, VA on Jan 20th to represent Michigan and show some solidarity with the good citizens of Virginia who have done nothing but impress me in recent weeks.  I'm sure you all have been paying attention, being the patriots that you are.

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=57505

If I were to do this, I would want to head down on Sunday, and be back home in Michigan by Monday night.  I'd be taking Monday off work - not Tuesday.  I'm looking at 20 hours of driving in a little less than 36. Are there any other instructors who have been thinking about joining this demonstration in Virginia?  If so, any thoughts on car-pooling to split the driving duties and conserve gas money and mileage?  And also for, you know... the company?
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

BeeFree

I believe I need to be there, too.   :F I can't split the driving, though,  :'(because I have to be in Maryland Tuesday thru Thursday, so I need my car for the whole week.  Are you planning to meet up with any VA Appleseeders when you get there?

Bee
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

StevenK

Superheat

T.Wolf,
Shouldn't this be open to everyone? not just Instructors.  I suggest we move this to the normal Mich page.

Peter.

T. WOLF

Quote from: Superheat on December 29, 2019, 05:00:00 PM
T.Wolf,
Shouldn't this be open to everyone? not just Instructors.  I suggest we move this to the normal Mich page.

Peter.

Probably. I was a little unclear on that policy after reading MO's comments in the thread I linked to above - sounded like he didn't want multiple threads going in the public forums. Is there an admin who can move it?
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

The Wolfhound

We will gladly put out the "WELCOME " mat for you.  I am currently looking for a place to gather after the event before folks head home.  More to follow...

Maximum Ordinate

Just saw this and moved it for you.  What we don't need is the topic spammed in every state subforum. 

Good on ya for putting this together.

Liberty, yo!
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

BeeFree

I've got my rental car and hotel room.  The kids and the hub are jealous and wish they could be there, too... I'm debating letting my oldest drive my truck up to Lansing for the "solidarity w/VA and don't you try that here in MI" protest at the MI capitol.  Not sure how comfortable she is driving it downtown, though.   If anyone wants to meet up at the protest in VA, text me at 517-214-9045 when you get there.  We should all get together afterwards for dinner if nothing else...

:F
Oh, Freedom, oh Freedom,
Oh, Freedom over me...
And before I'll be a slave,
I'll be buried in my grave,
And go home to my God,
And be Free...

BeeFree

Make Orwell Fiction Again!