News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Time to take a stand for Liberty!

Started by Henry Foxall, December 26, 2019, 09:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Foxall

It is happening now, and just over our own border! Could North Carolina be next? Prayerfully consider a group to head to Richmond in support of our brothers and sisters, as well as the continuation of Appleseed in the Commonwealth!

The End of Appleseed in Virginia?  A Call to Action!

Are those hoof beats I hear?  To protect their liberty, 14,000 patriots responded 244 years ago in 24 hours to the urgent need to take up arms against the King of England and his army. Riders on horseback carried the message (cell reception was terrible!). 

Patriots, can we rally 14,000 (or more) peaceful citizens using modern communications before January 20 to protect our liberty?  Will you spread the word and come out? 

Be at the Virginia Capitol on January 20, 2020! Stand for your liberty!  Our rights WILL be trampled unless the General Assembly fears doing it.  Make a statement by peacefully filling the building and streets with unprecedented numbers they cannot ignore.  YOUR LIBERTY IS AT STAKE.  Only a massive turnout will make them listen. Join us for this important and historic gathering to deliver the message that we will not allow our God-given right to Liberty to be taken away by elected officials.

Specifics about the event are below, shared by Pat Webb, VCDL Treasurer:

As for specifics for the event, we will begin forming groups at 08:00 at or around 10th and Bank Streets.  These groups will enter the General Assembly Building and visit with assigned Senators and Delegates, leaving packets detailing all the gun bills filed to date and what our position is on them.  We encourage people to stop by their own Representatives offices as well.

At 11:00 to Noon we will hold a rally on the Capital steps.  Afterwards, many people meet at local restaurants for lunch before either heading back to the GA Building to sit in on committee meetings or heading home.

It is a highly educational day for school age children and teaches them about the legislative process and the importance of being a part of our government.

Carry is permitted outside the building.  Open carry is allowed with or without a permit and concealed carry with a permit.  Magazines are restricted to 20 rounds or less if one doesn't have a permit.  Carry inside the building, open or concealed, is only allowed if one has a concealed handgun permit.

From our National Coordinator, Maximum Ordinate: These pre-filed bills in the Virginia legislature could very well end Project Appleseed in the Commonwealth. That's no exaggeration. If you're in Virginia or the surrounding states, I urge you to attend, get involved, and make your voices heard.  Bring a friend or two!

VCDL is planning charter buses from many locations in Virginia.  More info on that can be found here: https://vcdl.org/

Please use this thread on the Project Appleseed Forum to aid you in connecting with Virginia Appleseeders: https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/ index.php?topic=57505

Godspeed and good luck.

For the AOC:
Rusty Bonkoski
National Coordinator
"Tell the men to fire faster and not give up the ship. Fight her till she sinks!"(Attributed to Captain James Lawrence, USS Chesapeake v HMS Shannon, June 1st, 1813)

The ship is sinking - bailers needed. Apply here!

Mr.McCain

As of today I am planning on attending, is there anything organized for us North Carolina boys and girls to get there together? I am in the center of the state, near Asheboro NC. All the busses seem to be coming from VA. Just curious on ride sharing or other travel plans for us.

I have a vehicle I can use but it is a pickup, so not ideal for a large group. Hope we can really show up and show some support from the Carolina's.
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few.

Yankee Doodle

I will be checking my work schedule on Thursday when I go back - I would very much like to attend, as if you don't stamp out tyranny early and before it takes root, it's a much harder thing to get rid of later on.  I thought about renting a car to take.....if we had enough folks, maybe rent a van and all go together?

~Steve
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

StevenK

Will be there God Willing and the crik dont rise

Mr.McCain

I would definitely be game to go in on a van if we have enough people to justify it.

I can get 4 comfortably in my truck (RAM crew cab, full 4 door so decent room for passengers in the back. My dad is also planning on coming so count me in for two heads. If we can't get enough people to justify a van locally I could take my truck and 2 or 3 passengers. I also have a locking bed cover so any gear or luggage could be stowed back there. Again I am near Asheboro, it's only a 4ish hour ride for me.

Only challenge for me is that I have to be working in Rose Hill NC till Sunday the 19th. I would be back around home that afternoon/evening.

Mr.McCain

Update, I am taking my truck, currently it is myself and two others in my vehicle, one more open seat if anyone needs one. We will be leaving out in the wee hours on the 20th, and returning that evening, to and from Asheboro NC.

StevenK

Many are going to attend. I have scheduled Sunday to Monday.  Will see you there God willing.

Bazooka Man

I've rented a 15 passenger van and it is FULL!  Four of  them are Appleseeders, with two Orange Hats, one Red Hat and one Blue Hat.  With a captive audience on the 2 1/2 ride up to Richmond, maybe we will get a few to an Appleseed event soon.

Seriously, we have to hold this madness at the state line!

Regards,
Chris R./Aim Small Hit Small
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified
(Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243)
Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC
May 4/5, 2019 Rifleman Requal (249)
Ramseur, NC
May 24/25, 2019 KD Requal
Ramseur, NC
May 14, 2020 RBC Ramseur, NC Pistoleer™ Patch (220)

Mr.McCain

My thanks to all that turned out. It was an awesome event and very encouraging to see how polite, respectful and sober many attending were.

Snow Snake

It's great that it went safely and no fools showed up to spoil the day.
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

StevenK

We didn't know how it was going to turn out and we stepped up anyway. There is another in New Mexico Jan 31.